McLaughlin and Harvey Ltd currently have an exciting new position available within the environmental team for a fully qualified, experienced and professional Environmental Advisor. The successful candidate will have a wide and varied remit making full use of their experience and skills.
The role will involve driving system and process improvement across the business within the Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality function, while supporting the Group Environmental Manager with new initiatives. The ideal candidate will be an experienced Environmental professional with high levels of resourcefulness. Previous experience of working in the construction or similar industry would be advantageous.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for environmental planning and reporting.
- Approval of non-conformance reports requiring environmental action, analysing and reporting on cause of non-compliance and any associated corrective actions.
- Attending regular meetings with team members to include the review of environmental matters.
- Conducting regular site inspections and internal audits to measure site environmental performance.
- Liaison with staff and members of Project teams.
- Review and updating of environmental management system procedures.
- Prepare and carry out reviews of the Project Environmental Management Plan.
- Preparation of Site Waste Management Plans.
- Record and maintain all environmental matters in accordance with reporting procedures.
- Promoting environmental awareness throughout the project.
- Preparation of a project specific Environmental Emergency Preparedness Plan and ensure its communication to site staff and operatives.
- Assessing level of competence and any training necessary to ensure the capability of subcontractors and suppliers who may carry out environmental management functions.
- Ensure all Project teams work in accordance with the Environmental Plan
- Liaison with government departments, local authorities, and other statutory authorities on environmental matters as required.
- Ensure that detrimental impacts on site biodiversity are minimised and relevant ecological issues are communicated effectively to the workforce, including opportunities for the enhancement of biodiversity and ecological protection.
- Carbon foot printing for each project to report towards Corporate CO2 emissions targets.
You will be qualified in an environmental discipline, with a desire to work as part of an integrated sustainability team.
As the role involves supporting our numerous projects, a full UK driving license is an essential requirement for this role.
We are an equal opportunities employer