Centrica's International Distributed Energy & Power (DE&P) business brings together expertise to work to deliver distributed energy solutions to businesses. As we grow, recruiting the right people is essential and we currently have an opportunity for an Environmental Advisor in the UK.
The role will provide environmental support and advice to assigned areas of the DE&P business to enable it to achieve its legal, business and corporate objectives. It will also support the development and implementation of management systems to enable Centrica to meet its environmental expectations and targets.
Salary: Competitive + excellent benefits + bonus
Location: Flexible with Regular travel required to operational and construction sites, within the UK.
To provide environmental support and advice to assigned areas of the DE&P business in achieving its legal, business and corporate objectives and goals. You will support the development, implementation and maintenance of management systems, reporting and assurance processes in support of Centrica's environmental policy, expectations and targets.
Responsibilities will include:
- Enabling the enhancement of environmental performance across the DE&P business through the implementation of controls, objectives and targets and establishment of monitoring and reporting processes
- Supporting the development, deployment and maintenance of the environmental components of the DE&P management system
- Supporting the ISO 14001 programme including planning, organising and facilitating external assessments
- Supporting the HSES assurance plan to ensure compliance through provision of subject matter expertise in audit planning and execution
- Working with stakeholders to define and manage delivery of environmental initiatives incorporating best practice and providing help and support to ensure compliance with all aspects of environmental legislation
- Developing and where required, delivering environmental training and briefings
- Playing a key part in the development of environmental initiatives and working with the wider HSES team in support of the business goals and strategy
We are seeking candidates who have demonstrable experience and practical knowledge of construction site based environmental issues.
In addition, we are looking for the following:
- Strong sector knowledge of relevant environmental legislation and best practice approaches to environmental management
- Experience of developing/ implementing ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems
- Practitioner member of IEMA (essential)
- Advanced computer and system literacy and a good knowledge of environmental performance measurement and reporting
- Proven track record of developing constructive relationships, of influencing change and delivering objectives
- Ability to influence others without line management authority
- Strong experience of relevant Operational site and construction site based work
- Higher education (degree, diploma) or professional qualification in Environmental Management or equivalent
- Full driving licence