Uniper is an international energy company with around 12,000 employees and operations in 40 countries. In the UK, Uniper operates a flexible and diverse generation portfolio, sufficient to power around six million homes. With our seven-strong fleet of power stations and our flexible, fast-cycle gas storage facility, we support the energy transition and make a tangible contribution to Britain’s energy supply security.
Do you want to be part of a team at the heart of Uniper helping support our business and help drive forward our Sustainability Agenda? We are looking for an Environmental Advisor to join our Central HSSE Team to provide environmental support across Uniper mainly within the UK, delivering specialist technical advice on a broad range of environmental matters. In return we offer training and learning opportunities so that you can develop your skills and expand your knowledge in an international and collaborative workplace.
Based in our Head Office in Birmingham you will,
- Work with Stakeholders across Uniper to implement our sustainability strategy and environmental objectives to improve our performance.
- Partnering with nominated operational sites to support compliance with their environmental permits and other regulatory requirements, working with external regulators as required.
- Supporting operational sites in achieving compliance with the requirements of the EU Emissions Trading Scheme (ETS).
- Supporting the delivery of the environmental auditing programme.
- Review environmental performance to identify trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Develop and implement initiatives to achieve continual improvement.
- Demonstrate a full commitment to safety, health, security and environment through words and actions;
The post holder will have:
- A degree in a physical or environmental science, or HNC with equivalent experience, in an appropriate discipline;
- Experience of working with environmental legislation and standards in an industrial context.
- Knowledge of environmental legislation relevant to environmental permitted sites;
- A working knowledge of Environmental Management Systems and their application;
- Ability to build effective working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Reference no:70581
- Employment type: Fixed Term - 24 months
- Working hours: Full Time
- Start date: ASAP
- Salary: £35'000 - £45'000
Location: Birmingham, GB