Acre is delighted to have exclusively partnered with a luxury retailer in the search for a new Environment Manager. You'll take ownerships of all things energy and environment and become the recognized company authority on all operational sustainability matters.
As a key component of the sustainability and property teams, you'll lead the management of all environmental services in a prestigious business genuinely committed to improvement for the right reasons.
You'll be responsible for:
- Taking responsibility for the delivery of the carbon reduction plan, defining opportunities for improvement and ensuring future targets are met
- Overseeing all waste and energy operational processes and proactively seek out opportunities for sustainable innovation
- Considering the sustainability credentials of external partners in both the property and retail supply chains, working with procurement to select only the most appropriate
- Raising the profile of energy conservation and waste reduction within the business and promote enthusiastic environmental ambassadors
To succeed, you'll need:
- Excellent communication skills - you'll be a subject matter expert for the business, so positively engaging stakeholders of all levels is key
- Demonstrable experience delivering transformational environmental programmes and operating proactively
- Familiarity with relevant legislation such as ISO14001, CRC, EUETS, CHPQA, RHI, etc.
- Awareness and understand of a broader range of sustainability issues
- Degree-level qualification in a relevant field
This is a hugely attractive opportunity with a prestigious company, in which you'll take ownership of the direction of the environmental function. There'll be opportunities for quick wins as well as playing a part in the longer-term strategy, and potentially broadening your remit to include a wider range of sustainability issues. If this sounds like the perfect step to propel your career forward, don't hesitate - get in touch now to find out more!