Communisis is in the business of marketing services. We optimise marketing activities by adding value to customer and prospect communications, online and offline. We work with our customers on the planning, creation and delivery of their marketing communications.
We have world-class specialist production and sourcing capabilities that can revolutionise our customer's supply chain and produce communications whether they contain a marketing, compliance or customer service message in the form of a statement, e-mail, invoice, direct mailing or bill.
To advise, co-ordinate and control policies, procedures and work practices for Environmental and Sustainability matters across the business and act as the environmental champion for the business.
To provide advice and assistance on Environmental and Sustainability issues within the Communisis operational environment, including, but not limited to:
- To support the HSE Department in the development of internal systems and procedures;
- To collate environmental and sustainability assurance data for regular and annual reporting requirements;
- To coordinate external Standard verification and corrective action plans for ISO 14064-3;
- To provide advice on Sustainability principles and energy saving initiatives aligned to group policy, including compliance to ESOS;
- Provision of evidence to assure compliance to Greenhouse Gas (GHG) management system, conducting the internal audit process and training of key responsible roles.
- Set up clear inventory of evidence to satisfactorily meet annual qualification to external databases such as Ecodesk, Ecovadis, SEDEX etc that are used by stakeholders for performance management.
- Co-ordinate annual submissions to external organisations, such as Carbon Disclosure Project;
- To support the operational teams at Leeds in their application for environmental permits and consents, including CCA/CRC and PPC. This will also entail developing the evidence pack for regulatory audit and submission for CRC Commitment;
- Identify environmental consents or exemptions that are required and ensure they are obtained;
- Maintain records as necessary to ensure compliance with Legislation, Company procedures and Contract Requirements;
- Conduct inspections and audits on the above systems.
What You'll Bring
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role and industry environment.
- Membership of a relevant professional body (eg IEMA or CIWEM)
- Excellent knowledge of UK Environmental legislation.
- Ideally Degree level education in a relevant discipline.
- Excellent IT and communication skills, people management skills and effectively manage relationships are all essential.
How to Apply
Please submit an application with an up to date CV by clicking apply below. If successful a member of the recruitment team will be in touch to discuss your application in more detail.