Environment Advisor - Pets at Home
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted in the top 10, in the Great Place To Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2017 for the second consecutive year, and Number 13 in Europe in 2016! We have over 440 stores and over 290 Groom Rooms and are the UK’s number one pet care retailer. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it’s our people that make the difference
We are recruiting for an Environment Advisor to help manage environmental issues across Pets at Home Group to join us on a full time permanent basis. Based at our Support Office in Handforth, Cheshire, you will be reporting in to the Energy Manager.
This is an exciting opportunity for a recent graduate to come and help shape Pets at Home future Environment / Sustainability Strategy. The ideal candidate will have some relevant work experience in corporate / consultancy / voluntary sectors. This is a rare opportunity in Manchester to join a large companies Environmental Team. The role will require an element of travel to different stores and our distribution centres, but equally the role will be able to grow with the successful candidate
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Support day to day management of utility queries – via the Utility Bureau for Pets at Home and Pets at Home Vet Group
- Act as primary point of contact for all utility invoice queries and store queries.
- Manage portfolio report covering all utilities (Electricity, Gas and Water) by site for circa 650+ properties across group.
- Utilise bureau system to provide relevant technical & consumption data as required to development team
- Remote management and optimisation of Building Energy Management System (BEMS) to maintain store level comfort and sustain savings.
- Act as escalation route to resolve store temperature (BEMS) queries from the Pets at Home and Vets4Pets maintenance Help Desks.
- Support the installation of Building Energy Management System upgrades at existing stores (where new Vets or Groomers are added in), via careful supplier management with the installer and through liaison with internal Project Managers.
- Research energy saving potential projects and support the development of business cases to seek approval for deployment.
- Support installation of energy saving projects to help maximise benefit whilst also tracking savings via agreed measurement and verification process.
- Carry out store level audits to identify energy / waste / water saving opportunities
- Provide secretariat support for various management board (PAH CSR ops Board and V4P CSR boards)
- Support creation and deployment of group wide behavioural change programme
- Support the publication of bi annual “Green Paws” newspaper.
- Support environmental compliance activity as required to include ESOS, CRC, Packaging, Battery & WEEE compliance.
- Responsible for day to day management of waste contract, supporting helpdesk as needed with service request and queries.
- Support activity to implement waste minimisation projects across the estate.
- Support contract negotiations as required for new suppliers
- Responsible for raising and tracking invoices via in house software (SAP)
- Ability to work in a team and self-directed.
- Strong communication skills, able to influence colleagues across all levels.
- Interest and strong awareness in Environment issues and Climate change
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably with Environmental / Energy / Engineering / Geography degree.
- Willingness to commit to completing external technical qualifications
- IEMA / Energy Institute (or similar ) membership desirable
- Must hold driving license and be willing to travel within UK.
- Highly competent use of Microsoft office, Excel in particular
- Salary of up to £23,000 per annum dependent on experience, plus bonus
- 28 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- The option to buy extra holidays
- An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
- An extra days holiday when you move home and half a day when your little one’s ‘fly the nest’!
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
- “Treats” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
- Life assurance
- Contributory Private Health Care
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Free Car Parking
- Free Gym
- Values Awards
- Colleague of the Month Awards
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme