Do you have a passion for sustainability and energy saving? Do you care about the impact businesses have on the environment? Would you like to join an organisation in a newly created role and have a real impact on our environmental impact? If so then this could be the role for you.
iQ Student Accommodation are looking for an Energy Manager to join our team in a newly created role. You'll be responsible for delivering energy efficiency initiatives in our sites across the country and our head office to reduce our environmental impact and reduce costs.
The goals of the energy manager will be:
- Reduce energy consumption across the business
- Liaise with third party contractors, suppliers and councils in order to deliver energy savings across our supply chain
- Develop promotions to encourage energy saving by our Students and our staff
- Provide technical advice and training on ways to save energy
- Keep up to date with changing legislation ensuring iQ is both compliant and achieving targets
- Monitor iQ's energy consumption and address issues as they are identified
You'll need to have a demonstrable experience of energy and sustainability initiatives, preferably gained within the property sector. A sound technical knowledge of the energy in buildings and building services engineering is expected, as you will be our in-house expert in the field. You'll need to be a whizz on Excel, as you'll be working with large volumes of data on a regular basis and required analyse and interpret this data to make your recommendations. You'll need to be a great communicator as you'll be working with stakeholders across our business in order to support them in achieving their sustainability targets.