Arcus is driven by over 3,000 people. We bring together the unique skills, knowledge and experience that our clients really value. Our behaviours are aligned to encourage our people to share ways of doing something better, saving time, effort or money. It is not just what we do that makes us standout, it is howwe do it that makes us truly different, that, coupled with our core values – Do it SIMPLY, Do it WELL, Do it WITH PASSION which underpin everything we do.
Your new role
As a field-based Energy consultant you work in and around our central and north areas on a permanent basis. This is a self-managing role which will involve carrying out building energy audits & surveys for Arcus Group clients including retail & non-retail environments, investigating issues of over consumption on a variety of services of which some will be renewable energy and supporting non-technical managing agents. This is a pivotal role in our Energy division where you will play a key part and in our ongoing growth and success.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Managing all energy related items within the region of Central & North UK
- Organizing site investigations & building energy audits (ESOS & EPC’s)
- Provide practicable recommendations and actions to help reduce client energy consumption
- Proactively following up on identified issues through to resolution
- Providing support to non-technical managing agents
- Providing technical support to ensure client renewable energy resources are operating at optimal levels
- Lead role on specific energy projects
- High level meetings with key stakeholders & clients
- Direct liaison with stores & incumbent FM contractors
- Ensuring all projects are seen through to completion
- Provide site-based support for engineers
- Assist energy team with energy awareness training for Arcus Group, contractors & client
To be successful in this role you will have
- ESOS Lead Assessor
- Low Carbon Consultant
- TM44 Level 3 Air Conditioning qualification advantageous
- Experience in carrying out energy surveys
- Experience in the extraction and interpretation of raw energy data
- Knowledge of BMS, HVAC, Lighting & Refrigeration systems
- Knowledge of renewable energy systems
- Knowledge of performance measurement processes, SLAs and KPIs
What we offer
In addition to a competitive salary, Arcus employees can enjoy 33 days annual leave, a generous contributory pension scheme of matched contributions up to 6%, a discretionary bonus scheme, gym discounts and life assurance. At Arcus we are passionate about individual development which is why we are proud to offer industry leading Learning & Development opportunities to all our staff across our organisation.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to those who do not meet the required criteria for this role and only candidates who meet the minimum criteria will be contacted. Personal information which you supply to us during the recruitment process will be used for assessing candidate suitability for vacancies within Arcus. Such data includes candidate qualifications, skills, experience, employment history, current and / or expected remuneration and benefits. Information about any disclosed disability will be used to assess whether Arcus needs to make reasonable adjustments during interview, selection or employment. Such information will be shared internally, including with members of the HR and recruitment team, and managers in the business area being recruited to. We will only keep such data for as long as is necessary for the recruitment process. Should we wish to keep date for longer, e.g. for talent pooling, we will seek the candidate consent to do so. Employment decisions are not based solely on automated decision-making.
Arcus FM has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. We do, however, work with a defined list of preferred suppliers who may be invited to support us in sourcing candidates for particular roles, but, in line with our PSL, we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the Arcus FM recruitment team.
We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CV’s are submitted to Arcus FM or Arcus FM employees by any means other than through our agreed recruitment process. Where this is not observed Arcus FM reserves the right to contact these candidates directly and initiate discussions without payment of any agency fee. Submission of any unsolicited CV’s and proposals to Arcus FM will be deemed evidence of full and unlimited acceptance of this Agency policy.