Acre has been engaged by a public sector organisation in South Wales to identify an Energy and Sustainability Manager.
The successful candidate will lead the sustainability and energy strategies, projects and programmes on behalf of the organisation. You will develop and deliver relevant infrastructure business models, partnerships and governance structures that out perform national and international best practice.
There are currently numerous opportunities to develop and deliver on some exciting projects that have been presented to this public sector organisation, and this brand new role will be responsible for composing and implementing the Energy Development and Management Strategy.
- To be the responsible officer for bidding and gaining grants, revenue capital and government funding income
- To lead on energy programmes and take responsibility for delivering large scale energy projects, including but not limited to wind and solar farms
- To ensure the delivery of projects, products or services on time, within budget and in accordance with the programme governance arrangements
- To lead the development of regional and sub-regional partnerships that contribute to the energy efficiency programmes, ensuing value for money is achieved
- To provide full and detailed advice to the Head of Service on energy efficiency and strategy energy generation to relevant Cabinet Member(s)
The Energy and Sustainability Manager will have a strong background in sustainability and be seeking a new and challenging opportunity. You will have the potential to make a real impact, through developing new partnerships and taking advantage of the many opportunities that have been presented to the organisation, such as new capital funding and project opportunities.
Skills and capabilities:
- Excellent commercial experience of appraising investment decisions and leading energy business
- Experience as a project manager, having implemented significant business change within a quality assurance envelope
- Strong organisational skills with excellent attention to detail, combined with the ability to write and deliver high detail proposal documentation and funding applications
- Demonstrable evidence of an ability to manage change and lead organisational development to deliver improved performance
- Undergraduate degree and notable commitment to continuing professional development
In this newly formed role, you will have the opportunity to lead and deliver on some major scale public sector projects that will transform the energy efficiency and sustainability of a City. As a highly driven and ambitious sustainability professional, you will negotiate, develop and deliver on brand new opportunities that have been presented to the organisation.