About the Role
WSP are seeking EIA/SEA Consultants / Town Planners with varying degrees of post graduate experience in the environmental, planning and consents process, ideally with strong EIA knowledge and experience. These vacancies are across our UK network of offices and they sit within our EAM&TP (Environmental Assessment, Management and Town Planning) team.
Our work involves infrastructure and development projects in most sectors, in particular urban mixed use, residential, commercial development, highways, power generation and transmission and waste. Our client base includes major private and public sector developers and operators on some of the largest and most complex infrastructure projects in the UK. This is a huge growth area for WSP and a really exciting time to join this ever growing team.
We’d love to hear from you if have:
- Bachelor’s degree level and postgraduate qualification in town planning / relevant environmental qualification plus Chartered member of the RTPI /IEMA or equivalent (or imminent).
- Experience working on multiple projects or caseloads and coordinating project teams.
- Enjoy working with multi-disciplinary teams in delivering a variety of projects across the UK – we work as one national team
- Sound knowledge and experience of the UK planning system and the town and country planning consents process.
- Experience of liaising with planning authorities and statutory consultees.
- Experience of working within / dealing with processes such as TCPA, PA2008, Transport and Works Act, Electricity Act, hybrid bill.
- Experience of Environmental Impact Assessments, Sustainability Appraisal, Strategic Environmental Assessment,
A little about us:
Together, our people make up one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We’re dedicated to the communities where we live and work in the UK and propelled by international brainpower. Staying curious is what drives us. Looking at challenges from fresh angles helps us deliver future-ready solutions that break paradigms.
With around 7,000 talented people in 70+ offices across the UK, and 36,000 around the world, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.