AECOM’s highly successful EIA team is looking to recruit EIA managers and coordinators from Consultant grade through to Technical Director.
With over 85,000 employees globally, AECOM is the largest environmental and engineering consultancy in the world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organisations in more than 150 countries. In the UK our award winning environmental team comprises more than 150 EIA practitioners supported by almost 1,000 environmental specialists. We work across all major engineering markets: power; oil, gas and chemicals; transportation (road and rail); commercial and residential; education; governments; healthcare; industrial; leisure and hospitality; sports and venues; and water. We are playing a critical role in delivering some of UK’s most challenging and career defining infrastructure development projects. We assist our clients during all stages of the development process and our EIA work covers all types of consenting regimes, including Town and Country Planning applications, Transport & Works Act Orders and Development Consent Orders.
We have an enviable client base that includes local and national Government departments and agencies; major transportation infrastructure providers including Highways England, Transport for London (TfL), HS2 Ltd and Network Rail; all the major UK residential and commercial developers; power generation and transmission companies; water companies; airport and port operators; as well as major industrial manufacturing companies.
• Altrincham: Consultant, Senior, Principal and Associate grade EIA consultants with experience in rail, roads, power generation/transmission, and/or commercial development.
• Basingstoke: Consultant and Senior grade EIA Consultants required with road and infrastructure experience.
• Bristol: Consultant and Senior grade EIA consultants with power, road, and/or rail experience.
• Birmingham: Consultant, Senior, Principal and Associate grade EIA consultants with experience in rail, roads, and/or power generation/transmission.
• Chesterfield: Consultant, Senior, Principal and Associate grade EIA consultants with experience in roads, rail, urban regeneration and/or power generation/transmission.
• Croydon: Consultant or Senior grade EIA consultants with rail experience.
• Dublin: Senior EIA Consultant with experience delivering roads schemes.
• Nottingham: Consultant, Senior, Principal and Associate grade EIA consultants with experience in rail, roads, urban regeneration, and/or power generation/transmission.
• Leeds: Consultant, Senior, Principal and Associate grade EIA consultants with experience in rail, roads, power generation/transmission, urban regeneration, flood alleviation schemes, ports and airports.
o Consultant, Senior, Principal, Associate and Technical Director grade EIA consultants with experience delivering urban regeneration projects in the London market, or delivering road, rail or other infrastructure projects.
o An ESIA Consultant or Senior ESIA Consultant with international oil and gas experience.
o A French-speaking Senior Social Specialist with experience delivering international projects, with a particular focus on the African market.
• Plymouth: Consultant and Senior EIA consultants with urban regeneration and road experience.
Depending on your grade, your main role will be to support or lead environmental assessments for development projects through the applicable consenting process. You will also play a supporting or leading role in the management and further development of our Environment and Planning team, including generating opportunities and winning new business.
• Comprehensive understanding of the EIA processes (including screening and scoping), environmental assessment methods and applicable planning legislation.
• Excellent team working, report writing, technical reviewing and communication skills – with an attention to detail.
• Proven project management skills, including programming and budget/financial management.
• Self-motivation and the confidence, ability and experience to provide clear, authoritative advice.
• For the more senior appointments we are looking for individuals with an established background in project management and leadership. Previous staff management experience and a successful track record as a business developer would be advantageous.
• Full driving licence and a willingness to travel.
• A degree in a relevant environmental discipline. Post-graduate degree an advantage.
• Appropriate professional membership – Chartered status (e.g. Chartered Environmentalist CEnv) would be beneficial for Senior grades and above.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.