Ramboll is seeking strong applicants with demonstrable experience of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) project direction, business development and client liaison to join our expanding London EIA team. We are recruiting Associate/Director level consultants to work predominantly in the property sector, with opportunities to work in the infrastructure, energy and oil/gas sectors. Demonstrable EIA experience and knowledge of the UK planning process in relation to the property sector is essential. The role will involve working as a leading member of the established and growing EIA team in the winning and delivery of a range of projects both in the UK and internationally.
Key work areas will include:
- Project direction of EIAs, including formulation of EIA strategies;
- Technical review and QA of all EIA deliverables and standalone technical reports;
- Client and project team liaison;
- Development and mentoring of staff;
- Leading role in business development and wider divisional initiatives; and
- Attendance at stakeholder meetings and public consultations.
The successful candidate will have an advanced understanding of UK EIA guidelines, regulations and best practice, be self-confident, diligent, proactive, take initiative, willing to work flexible hours when required and able to build strong working relationships with colleagues, clients, and project teams. By the very nature of EIA, it is essential that the candidate will have strong organisational and communication skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to interpret environmental guidelines, policies, plans and legislative requirements;
- Competent and efficient report writing and technical review skills;
- Ability to work successfully with various sub-consultants in the delivery of a consistent EIA approach and ES reporting style;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English;
- Numerically competent;
- Well organised and able to prioritise their own workload with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrable proposal writing and business development skills;
- Ability to use IT packages (including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS Project) to prepare figures and project programmes; and
- Knowledge of a particular environmental specialism would be advantageous but not essential.
- Appropriate degree in environmental sciences, environmental engineering or a related environmental discipline;
- Masters Degree in an environmental discipline;
- Full clean driving licence; and
- Prior EIA project direction experience and established links to developers, planners, architects and project managers in the property and related development sectors.
Ramboll conducts all of its relations with its employees and applicants for employment in accordance with the applicable laws, directives and regulations of the many countries in which we do business.
About Environment and Health
Environment and Health is a global division of Ramboll, a leading engineering, design and consultancy company. Trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues, it has more than 2,100 staff worldwide. The Ramboll Group works across the areas of Buildings, Transport, Planning and Urban Design, Water, Environment and Health, Energy, and Management Consulting, and has more than 13,000 experts across 300 offices in 35 countries.
Our UK business employs over 250 environmental science professionals in 14 locations and covers a breadth of consulting services structured around compliance, strategy and transactions, impact assessment, new initiatives and sustainability, product safety and stewardship, contaminated land, and Water. Our clients include UK and global multinationals, local and central government and international institutions.
Ramboll conducts all of its relations with its employees and applicants for employment in accordance with the applicable laws, directives, and regulations of the many countries in which we do business.