DIO Environmental Advisor Training Estate and Overseas
Job Reference number: 1561381
£31,136 (+ excellent pension & benefits)
Salisbury, SP3 4RS
Join the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and have a future that matters: Be proud; Be challenged; Be unique.
We are looking for an Environmental Advisor Training Estate and Overseas to join our Environmental Planning and Sustainability (EPS) Team which sits within DIO Safety, Environment and Engineering (SEE), and delivers environmental and sustainability advice across the MOD UK and International estate.
Main responsibilities of the role will include:
• Providing environmental and sustainability advice and support to HQ DIO Service Delivery Training Estate UK and Overseas (predominantly within Belize and Kenya)
• Support the delivery of Climate Risk Assessments; and Defence Related Environmental Assessment Method (DREAM) for infrastructure projects as required
• Peer reviewing environmental reports, assessments & appraisals prepared in-house or by consultants to ensure quality, accuracy and consistency of approach and legal compliance
• Support the maintenance and management of the Integrated Rural Management Plan (IRMP) programme
• Undertaking environmental audits for the delivery of contracts and specific projects providing reports back into MOD and the host nation regulator
As part of the role you will be required to travel across the UK and internationally to remote, rural and adventurous locations. Overseas visits will normally be between one and two weeks in duration.
In addition you must have:
• A Degree with three years of relevant experience; or applicable qualifications with five years of relevant experience
• A Full UK Driving Licence
If you are interested in learning more about the responsibilities of this role please follow the link to apply through Civil Service Jobs for further information and details of how to apply.
Some of the benefits to working for DIO include:
• Professional and Personal Development of skills
• Flexi-time scheme upon completion of 6 months service
• Alternative working practices
• 25 days paid annual leave rising (1 day per year) to 30 days upon completion of 5 years’ service
• In addition to 8 public holidays per year you will also receive leave for HM The Queen’s birthday
• Generous maternity and paternity package
• Highly competitive pension scheme
• Most sites have good travel links with free car parking; many also have other facilities such as a Sports & Social Club, Gym and / or site shops
DIO is part of the Ministry of Defence (MOD). We play a vital role in supporting Defence by leading and managing the delivery of what the Armed Forces need to live, work, train and deploy on operations. Our people share the common goal of supporting our Armed Forces through management of the military estate.
Take a look at our YouTube video to see more about DIO https://youtu.be/kl9c3vCIRqY
For more information and to apply, please click the ‘Apply’ button.
Closing Date: 26th November 2017