GVA’s Environmental Planning Team sits within the Planning, Development and Regeneration Business Unit. The Environmental Planning Team provides complementary services to GVA’s master-planning and town-planning commissions throughout the UK in addition to providing services to other GVA Business Units and direct to clients. The services of the Environmental Planning Team seek to manage the environmental planning risks of clients. Services include, but are not exclusive to:
- All matters relating to Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA).
- The provision of environmental constraints and opportunities planning at the site feasibility and master-planning stages of a project.
- The provision of high-level strategic environmental planning advice for complex situations at all stages of the development life-cycle.
GVA’s Environmental Planning Team is currently active in London and all UK Regional markets. However, the recent strategic appointment of two industry leading Directors in the London office (http://www.gva.co.uk/insights/news/gva-makes-double-director-appointment-for-dedicated-environmental-planning-offer) allows for significant new opportunities and growth throughout the entire UK. Positions therefore exist from Consultant level (approximately 2 years plus experience) through to Associate level (approximately 8 years plus experience).
At Consultant level, assisting with project delivery will be your focus. This will include, but not be limited to:
- Co-ordination of multidisciplinary teams.
- Project management of deliverables, including financial monitoring of projects.
- Report writing.
- Client liaison.
- Stakeholder liaison.
- Meeting attendance.
- Assisting with business development and work-winning activities.
With seniority opportunities will include, but not be limited to:
- Full management and delivery of projects.
- Quality assurance and sign-off of deliverables.
- Full client liaison and client management / care.
- Full project financial management.
- Business development, marketing and networking.
- Team management and mentoring.
- Product development and innovation.
- Operational management.
- Contribution to business strategy.
Your requisite attributes and skills will depend upon the position sought. However, in general terms GVA will expect you to have:
- A relevant University bachelor’s degree or Masters.
- Membership to a relevant professional organisation (preferably the Institute of Environmental Assessment and Management (IEMA)) and / or be a Chartered Environmentalist.
- Depending on the position sought a good to excellent understanding of various environmental topic areas.
- Depending on the position sought a good to excellent understanding of the UK planning system.
- Depending on the position sought a good to excellent understanding and practical experience of implementing the relevant EIA Regulations at all stages of the EIA process.
- Experience co-ordinating multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience working with and managing various project stakeholders.
- Project management experience, including the financial monitoring and management of projects.
- Excellent written skills, with specific experience drafting / authoring EIA Screening reports / requests, EIA Scoping reports / request, Environmental Statements (ESs) and other related deliverables. At Associate level, you will be required to take responsibility for signing-off / approving written deliverables and quality assurance.
- Clear and confident communication skills.
- A pro-active and collaborative team approach, engendering inclusion, support and motivation amongst your peers.
- A desire to go beyond process and procedure, with an ability to think innovatively to enhance outcomes for clients.