My client is a UK-leading multifaceted consultancy who deliver property and infrastructure projects on a global scale. This organisation provides expert technical services across a vast number of services, ensuring that they can assist with any project, regardless of the scale, complexity or sector. Working closely with their clients, this business guarantee the highest possible standards in their services, which include ecology and environmental impact assessment, engineering, planning, urban design, architecture and interior design. Due to continued growth and success, this consultancy requires a Consultant/Senior Ecologist to join the team in their London office.
* Honours degree in Ecology, Biology or other relevant Environmental discipline
* Full membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM)
* Extensive experience working in a similar position in the consultancy sector
* Excellent report writing skills and demonstrable experience of writing EIA chapters
* Strong commercial awareness and experience of bidding and winning work
* Proven experience in managing and undertaking a range of fieldwork, including habitat and protected species surveys
* At least one protected species licence, preferably for bats or newts and experience in the preparation
* Excellent knowledge of current UK legislation and best practice policy
* Work experience on rail projects and river/coastal projects is also desirable
The successful candidate will join a growing ecology team and will provide a significant input into the delivery of HS2 along with other projects for clients across England and Wales, including the Environment Agency. You can be expected to work on projects including coastal flooding projects and infrastructure projects in the rail, water and housing sectors.
You will represent the company and their ecology services, providing excellent technical services to a range of clients. You will advise clients on infrastructure schemes and development proposals, habitat and protected species surveys and will produce high quality written reports and documents. The successful candidate will manage and oversee projects of varying scales as well as providing mitigation advice and input into design. You will mentor more junior staff members, providing support and guidance when necessary. You will work independently as well as alongside a wider team and will work closely with clients, maintaining excellent working relationships and spotting opportunities for follow up.
My client offers a generous basic salary and benefits including company pension scheme, life assurance and child care vouchers. You will receive excellent training and development opportunities and will be guaranteed a fun but professional environment.
For more information or for further vacancies within the Ecology sector please contact Gemma Seaman of Penguin Recruitment directly on 01792 365 002. Alternatively, you can email your CV in and we’ll call you back. Emails to: email@example.com.
KEYWORDS: ecology, ecological, consultant, consultancy, CIEEM, protected species, phase 1, bat, GCN, dormouse, environmental, senior, environmental, environment, water, rail, infrastructure