Acre is pleased to have partnered with one of Europe's leading home retailers in the search for a new Chemical Specialist. With a focus on managing the chemicals found in products and throughout the supply chain, you'll work closely with the Director of Sustainability to monitor the use of chemicals throughout the business and provide training to commercial stakeholders.
This is a new role and, as a subject matter expert, you'll collaborate with various business units to ensure a unified, fit-for-purpose and constantly evolving chemical strategy is in place and observed by those it affects.
You'll be responsible for:
- Developing and circulating Standard Operating Procedures for the use and control of substances throughout the supply chain
- Monitoring chemical regulations and restrictions and creating corrective actions for each regulated substance
- Engaging with commercial stakeholders and quality staff to educate on these matters and ensure control methods are understood
- Identifying environmental impacts detrimental to health and brand and updating the Bill of Substances as such
- Ensuring all chemicals usage adheres to the BPR and REACH regulations
This is an impactful, wide-ranging role with the twin aims of protecting both the wellbeing of the business' employees and customers as well as its brand and reputation.
In order to succeed, you'll need:
- Previous experience in a role with similar responsibility for chemical management, ideally in a retail environment
- Understanding of the environmental and reputational damage of certain substances and ability to define alternatives
- Effective communication skills allowing for the education of audiences of various levels of seniority and understanding
- Relevant degree-level qualification or above
This is a wonderful opportunity to deploy your skillset in a business with the scope and reputation to propel your career forward. With diverse operations spanning global locations, you'll be able to take advantage of various development paths within a successful, forward-thinking retail business.
If this sounds exciting and you meet the requirements, don't hesitate - apply now!