Business Heat and Power Solutions – Senior Environment Advisor
Working together for a greener future!
Salary £44,332 - £55,725
Standard benefits E.ON UK
Why work for E.ON
Location: Coventry – extensive travel to additional locations within the UK
E.ON is a global provider of specialised energy solutions. We work hard to make the best deals possible and provide energy solutions for our customers.
Right now we’re looking for an experienced, knowledgeable Senior Environment Advisor to support our UK Business Heat and Power Solutions business (BHPS) with a focus on managing the impact of environmental regulations on our business unit.
In this role, you will be working as a part of the BHPS leadership team to ensure that the business complies with all relevant environmental regulations including the Industrial Emissions Directive and the European Union Emissions Trading System.. This means that you will be monitoring and assessing the impact of environmental regulations in the BHPS business and working together with Engineering and Commercial teams to develop cost–effective compliance strategies to ensure that all permitting and licencing conditions are met. You will also be managing the relationship between the BHPS business and external environmental regulators, such as the Environment Agency.
Furthermore, you will be supporting operational compliance activities, and investigations of environmental incidents as well as compiling regulatory reports. All this will be achieved whilst successfully maintaining and developing the BHPS Environmental Management System and ensuring continuing certification to the ISO14001 standard.
You will utilize your strong stakeholder and negotiation skills so that you are able to achieve the best outcomes with both internal and external stakeholders. By coaching and developing line managers, and developing a range of other targeted, effective initiatives you will successfully drive up standards across the business.
This is an exciting, unique opportunity for a Senior Environment Advisor to have a profound and lasting impact on our BHPS business.
- Significant knowledge and operational experience of environmental regulation and best practice in an industrial context
- Strong stakeholder management with excellent networking, influencing and rapport building skills. A proven ability to provide direction, drive change and manage projects to a successful conclusion in order to deliver continuous improvement in environmental performance
- Extensive experience of environmental management systems, including operation, procedure writing and audit management.
- An Environmental Sciences, Chemistry or Engineering degree or equivalent qualifications, with significant relevant professional experience
- Experience of working with senior management teams, coupled with the ability to gain buy-in to solutions
- Excellent analytical skills, strong oral and written communication skills, and an ability to produce high quality management reports.
- Experience of incident management and business continuity planning.
- An in depth knowledge of company operations, policies and procedures which affect the environment
- Full current UK driving licence
The closing date is 2nd of February
Due to the nature of this role a DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) will be required
For information on reasonable adjustments please click here: http://www.eon-uk-careers.com/en/careers/about-us/disability-support.html
Please apply via: http://www.eon.com/en/careers.html
We look forward to receiving your application and will respond to each and every applicant keeping you updated at every stage.