Acre has partnered with BSR to hire an experienced Associate Director to join the climate change team.
BSR is a global non-profit organisation that works with its network of more than 250 member companies to build a just and sustainable world. From offices in Asia, Europe and North America, BSR develops sustainable business strategy and solutions through consulting, research and cross- sector collaboration.
BSR has built a strong foundation to support business action on climate change. The Associate Director will play a leading role in this area of expertise, which catalyses climate action by helping companies reduce their greenhouse gas emissions, build resilience to inevitable climate impacts, and engage with inbound climate regulation.
- Developing opportunities to work with BSR's 250 member companies on climate action
- Delivering consultancy services, collaborative initiatives and applied research on climate change
- Overseeing several projects at one time, working actively with project teams
- Representing BSR and the climate change practice at industry conferences, writing publications and creating opportunities to raise the profile of BSR
- Contributing to the management of the BSR's global climate change team
The successful candidate will work closely with BSR colleagues from multiple industries and areas of expertise to develop business opportunities to deliver consulting and grant-funded projects and generate thought leadership which underpins these activities.
Skills and capabilities:
- Degree in business, law, public policy, or other relevant disciplines
- Demonstrated expertise in one or more specific areas relevant to climate change
- Proven track record in how the private sector addresses climate change and in how the landscape of private sector action is evolving
- Significant experience in the private sector or other relevant institutions
- Experience in developing financial support from business, private foundations and other funders to enable project implementation
- Willingness to undertake business travel
- Fluency in English, with an additional major language is strongly preferred
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong organisational development skills and will feel comfortable operating in a fast-paced, self-directed environment.