At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world. JOB OVERVIEW:
TE Connectivity's Environmental Health & Safety Teams ensure and monitor safety in the workplace. This includes the application and communication of health, safety and hazardous material standards, procedures and practices consistent with TE, environmental and government regulations.
We are seeking a dynamic EH&S Leader with a strong focus on people management and the ability to build and lead teams effectively to ensure workplace safety at TE Connectivity in our Swindon site.RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Ensure workplace safety compliance with regulations, standards, and practices
- Define safety strategy in the workplace aligned with environmental and governmental regulations
- Implement and maintain an effective EHS management system for the organization that meets the TE Safety Assessment for Effectiveness (SAFE) requirements
- Deploy TE safety initiatives such as Behavior Based Safety (BBS), ergonomics programs, risk assessment, EHS training, machine guarding, and promote employee engagement
- Assess and prioritize EHS risks, implementing control measures
- Lead the Safety Committee and coordinate safety observations
- Develop and deliver EHS training programs
- Enforce EHS metrics to drive performance improvement
- Participate in risk assessments, including Job Safety Analysis
- Engage with leadership and employees to enhance EHS performance
- Drive sustainability goals for waste, water, and energy reduction
- Act as leader of other EHS&S personnel, supporting the other ADM - Wire & Cable business production sites provide guidance and support to other EHS team
- Ensure compliance with corporate EHS programs and directives within the ADM-Wire & Cable business
- Serve as EHS point of contact for Wire & Cable Operations Vice President
- Continuously improve site quality and regulatory compliance
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY:
- University degree or equivalent level of qualification in safety, health, or an environmental discipline preferred
- Minimum 7-10 years of EH&S experience required
- Experience in a technical, engineering or manufacturing role preferred
- Enhanced skills in effective communication, negotiation, influencing, collaboration, and partnering.
- Proficiency in people management and coaching, demonstrating the ability to lead and develop individuals and teams effectively
- Demonstrated ability in conducting audits and inspections of all aspects of EHS throughout a Site
- Experience working within a multi-site complex organization.
- Fluent in English both written and spoken
TE Connectivity is a global technology leader enabling a secure, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions have been proven in the most demanding environments, enabling advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy technology, data communications, and for the home. With approximately 85,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, we work with customers in nearly 140 countries. TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.WHAT TE CONNECTIVITY OFFERS:
We are pleased to offer you an exciting total package that can also be flexibly adapted to changing life situations - the well-being of our employees is our top priority!
• Competitive Salary Package
• Performance-Based Bonus Plans
• Health and Wellness Incentives
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Community Outreach Programs / Charity Events
• Employee Resource Group
Across our global sites and business units, we put together packages of benefits that are either supported by TE itself or provided by external service providers. In principle, the benefits offered can vary from site to site.