The HPC Jobs Service supports local people into exciting, long-term careers across our Project.
HSE Advisor - HSE20012 -
The MEH Alliance - Altrad
Hinkley Point C
1. Ensure the Health and Standards of the HPC project are consistently met
2. Champion the HPC Way including its pillars
3. Play a key role in the site integrated H&S team
4. Give competent advice across a multi-functional / discipline project
5. Carry out all duties with full regard to all the MEH policies, plans and procedures
6. Build relationships with other Tier 1's and the Principal Contractor
7. Monitor the working practices of MEH employees and contractors regarding health and safety, environment and welfare
8. Carry out HSE inspections across the site in line with the MEH Assurance Schedule
9. Undertake such additional tasks as are reasonably commensurate with the level of the post
10. Share best practices and lessons learnt from their area of responsibility to allow for continuous improvement
11. Proactively engage with site Safety Representatives
12. This is a site based, workforce facing role
1. Conduct audits of MEH site activities and sub-contractor operations.
2. Record the findings of audit reports and inspections in line with the HSSE Management system requirements and the Assurance Schedule
3. Intervene when unsafe practices are observed, offer solutions to observations made.
4. Observe and record 'At Risk' & 'Reduce Risk' behaviours
5. Upload all findings into the site reporting tool
Minimum Qualifications/ Experience
(in line with MEH Onboarding matrix)
1. NEBOSH general certificate/NEBOSH construction certificate or equivalent.
2. Strong construction background with a minimum 5 years' experience.
3. Excellent written and spoken communication skills in order to explain HSE procedures and expectations to a range of people.
4. Working knowledge of the Health and Safety regulations.
5. IT literate - familiar with Microsoft packages.
Additional Qualifications/ Experience:
1. Ideally an individual with a background in a multi-disciplined environment.
2. Ideally experienced working with a Joint Venture
3. IOSH membership or similar.
4. Suitable site experience in a similar role, preferably in the nuclear industry.
5. Basic understanding of nuclear site Licence Conditions.
6. An investigative mind and a keen eye for detail.
MEH Values attributed behaviours:
• Demonstrates Humility through sharing success as a team
• Demonstrates Positivity through always striving for solutions
• Demonstrates Respect through valuing other points of view
• Demonstrates Clarity through sharing information simply and concisely
• Demonstrates Solidarity through adopting a "One Team" MEH approach
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. As a project, we do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.