The HPC Jobs Service supports local people into exciting, long-term careers across our Project.
Hinkley Point C
• Providing Leadership to the Dalkia HPC team for all environmental and sustainability matters.
• Managing and maintaining the Environmental Management Systems ensuring adequacy to support installation activities.
• Provide transparency of environmental Performance
• Define, implement, and verify measures that prevent reoccurrence of historical non-conformances.
• Managing and maintaining the aspects & Impacts Register.
• Carrying out surveillance activities to support the project and ensure compliance.
• Undertake inspections and provide systems for environmental reporting, including the Site based Environmental KPI's.
• Carry out Environmental Investigations, utilising trends to establish continuous improvement.
• Support Construction in the development of waste management plans.
• Liaise with Principal Contractor on MEH Environmental matters to ensure delivery meets expectation.
• Increase environmental awareness within the wider team to build an understanding of Environmental impacts and controls.
• Promotion of continuous environmental improvement across the project
• Provide Environmental support to hygiene assessments.
• Owning, drafting and maintaining relevant project Environmental documentation including but not limited to: processes, procedures inspection plans etc.
• Implementation of Environmental system performance and reporting including regular monthly dashboard preparation with real time KPI's.
• Oversight and leadership of an evolving Environmental team, selection of appropriate SQEP personnel and maintaining development plans.
• Setup and maintenance of required environmental system 'drumbeat' meetings and team operational sessions, including maintenance of accurate records.
• Contribution of project lead team reviews, meetings, and discussions to set and maintain the project objectives and performance.
• Develop and manage the Dalkia site waste management plans.
• Active member in Site Wide Environmental forums.
• Undertake surveillance activities, including audits and inspection of Site arrangements.
• Report and lead Dalkia Environmental Performance Indicators, and report to the Dalkia and client leads.
Minimum Qualifications/ Experience
(as per MEH matrix)
• An Environmental Degree/Diploma is desirable.
• IEMA Membership or other professional body membership with practical site experience is advantageous, but not essential to this role.
• Good understanding of UK legislation and practical control of water pollution, waste management, ecology, soils, and air quality.
• Suitable site experience in a similar role, preferably in the construction or nuclear industry.
Additional Qualifications/ Experience:
• Proven track record in large scale projects in the nuclear or similar regulated sector, including major EPC projects.
• Experienced in delivering and operating at a Leadership Level
• Ability to use Excel.
• Willing to undertake Level 3 Award in Education & Training / PTLLS or equivalent if required.
• Understanding of Nuclear Site Licence Conditions.
• An investigative mind and a keen eye for detail.
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. As a project, we do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.