Job Introduction HSE Advisor
14forty have a fantastic opportunity for a H&S Advisor (permanent role) based at Essar Oil Refinery, Ellesmere Port. The role will be to support 14forty FM Support Services in delivering the requirements as set out by our client in a safe and efficient manner.Duties include:
More about the role: Key Responsibilities:
- To support 14forty Line Managers to deliver their business objectives by creating a healthy and safe working environment that supports the physical and mental wellbeing of all staff.
- Ensure that Line Managers meet their legal duties to employees, contractors and members of the public affected by their activities by offering advice on all matters relating to Health, Safety, and the Environment
- Ensure that 14forty contractors and sub-contractors comply with the Client's rules and procedures.
- Provide expert health, safety, environmental and quality advice and guidance to Line Managers and staff ensuring co-ordination with the Client HSE staff in meeting the Client and 14forty objectives.
- Support project work to ensure HSEQ needs are fully considered and implemented.
- Anticipate new and emerging hazards and threats, which could affect employees, contractors, sub-contractors, and assets; to ensure those hazards are risk assessed and appropriate controls introduced.
- Set the Health and Safety Agenda within the 14forty team supported by the communication of the agreed agenda through presentation and or Toolbox Talks
- Promote a culture where employees feel able to discuss H&S issues and concerns openly.
- Assist Managers in identifying training needs and courses suitable to ensure employee competence.
- Promote 14forty Goals and Values and Client Rules
Manage the provisions of an effective HSEQ service including:
- Policy and strategy implementation
- Accident / incident investigation and accident reduction strategies
- Health & Safety Training programs - including arranging inductions for all new staff and regular HSE training.
- Audit / Inspections systems including monitoring of action close out.
- Proactively manage the HSE performance of 14forty staff, contractors, and subcontractors to ensure delivery of the required standard of HSE performance.
- Provide effective communication and direction to ensure a consistent approach to health, safety, welfare, environment, and quality issues.
- Assist in task risk assessments and develop safe systems of work for 14forty activities.
- Manage the local H&S Management system e.g., accident/incident database, the collection of data and input to the system, maintain HSEQ procedures, Audit schedule and records.
- Ensures timely responses to Line Management and the Client to enquires, facilitating the resolution of H&S matters.
- Ensure all statutory inspections are carried out to plan to maintain legal compliance.
- Intervene and give feedback in a manner that helps changes in behaviours, and practices to leading to improved HSEQ performance.
- Regular site visits with teams to promote a positive safety culture within site teams.
Who you are:
- Develop, support delivery and monitor progress of practical and achievable HSEQ plans in line with 14forty and Client business objectives.
- Ensure effective use of HSEQ information to ensure managers and staff remain fully aware of HSEQ objectives and targets.
- Support improvement in overall performance and productivity by ensuring availability of expert information and advice on HSEQ matters for all staff and managers.
- This will be a development role and it is desirable that the successful candidate has HSE experience.
- Experience of managing large teams in an industrial environment.
- Displays a responsible, flexible can-do approach to work duties with a passion to provide high standards.
- To be polite, professional, and friendly always with customers, clients, and colleagues
- Good Health & Safety Compliance, along with Good Values & Behaviours
- Safety Passport, SCATS or CSCS card
- Full driving license
We ensure you're rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways and MyLearning programmes
- Quick access for you and your immediate family to a Digital GP, and wider healthcare benefits
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Receive cash rewards every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
As part of Compass you'll help to feed people, fuel progress and forge connections in around 6,000 venues. Join us to grow your career with the industry leader, and get competitive pay, great perks and unrivalled opportunities for learning and development, at one of the UK's biggest businesses.
Job Reference: com/1511/78332004/52606441/WJ
Compass Group UK&I wants everyone in our business to feel able to be themselves at work and to have an equal opportunity to progress their career. We want to create a culture where we respect and embrace everyone's talents, beliefs, backgrounds, and abilities. Where our colleagues feel valued, can reach their full potential, and thrive - Diversity is Our Strength!