At South West Water
we believe that the strongest businesses are built on solid, stable foundations - with a vision and a culture that gives them the freedom to change, improve and innovate.
We're proud to be responsible for providing reliable, efficient and high-quality drinking water and wastewater services for the beautiful South West area.
And we have huge ambitions.
Not only are we committed to reaching net-zero by 2030, but we've also partnered with wildlife charities, National Parks and local partners to help ensure a better future for generations to come.
So, if you want to be part of a diverse team where opportunities flow and fresh ideas are welcomed, #JustAddWater.
We currently have a Sustainability Manager
position available for a motivated individual to join our team in Exeter.
Joining us on a full-time basis, you will receive a competitive salary of £33,000 - £45,000 per annum
plus excellent benefits.
As our Sustainability Manager you will oversee and manage the team in the successful delivery of the Group's ESG/sustainability strategy. The Group ESG function is responsible for coordinating the Group's delivery of the strategy as well as providing technical advisory to the business on a range of ESG matters. The Sustainability Manager leads on a range of activities which support the delivery of the Group's ESG strategy. The role also leads on a variety of reporting to the Executive, Sustainability/ESG Committee and Board.
You will also work closely with other relevant Senior Managers and Directors within the business, including the Director of Natural Resources, Risk and Compliance Manager, and Head of Energy, to ensure a joined-up approach to relevant priorities across the business.What you'll be doing:
What we are looking for:
- Assessing current sustainability strategies, identifying where further opportunity exists to develop strategy to meet ESG commitments
- Provide professional advice to the business on all matters relating to sustainability, including supporting the business to identify and control, so far as is reasonable, sustainability/ESG risks
- Working proactively with senior colleagues to help improve awareness across the business of the sustainability strategy, general sustainability practices and help reduce environmental impact
- Provide reporting to the Executive, Sustainability/ESG Committee and Board on the Group's sustainability performance, including in respect of Net Zero and regulatory commitments
- Take a lead, collaboratively with others on the preparation of sustainability/ESG strategies, policies and procedures
- Lead on sections of the Pennon Group Annual Report relating to ESG
- Manage external ESG assessment submissions including business engagement to drive improvement (i.e. in ESG scores)
- Liaise with internal and external industry counterpart data owners/business leads, ensuring good working relationships, clear and firm governance, support, guidance and collaboration on our resilience capability
- Ensure managers/business area owners are equipped with necessary skills/knowledge to manage Sustainability and ESG aspects within their areas
What's in it for you:
- Environmental or Sustainability BSc
- Environmental or Sustainability MSc
- Membership of relevant Professional Institute (e.g. IEMA, RGS etc)
- Passion and commitment to sustainability agenda and a demonstrable understanding of the sustainability/ESG agenda
- Several years professional/post graduate experience in relevant field e.g. consultancy/corporate affairs
- Demonstrable effective stakeholder management
Closing Date: 1st December 2023Be yourself, we like it that way.
We know that the support and commitment of our staff is key to our success so you will receive the opportunity for ongoing development and training for a long-term career with us. We're one of the largest companies in the South West and are proud to have been awarded Investors in People recognition. In return, we offer an excellent range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus bank holidays
- A discretionary Bonus
- Competitive Contributory Pension
- Share-save Scheme
- Various health benefits
- Wellbeing support programmes
- A range of Group Discounts
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Financial support services
- And plenty more!
Together, we will build a culture of belonging, where inclusion is instinctive. Diversity is our strength and a reflection of our communities. We care, we value everyone, we celebrate uniqueness.Our core values which are essential to our success are:
• Trusted - We do the right thing for our customers and stakeholders.
• Collaborative - We forge strong relationships working together to make a positive impact.
• Responsible - We keep our promises to our customers, communities, and each other.
• Progressive - We are always looking for new ways to improve and make life better.