We have a great opportunity for a dynamic and motivated Contaminated Land / Environmental Consultant to join our Sustainable Land and Resource Management Practice in our Bristol or Exeter office.
AtkinsRéalis is one of the world's leading engineering and design consultancies; we have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical infrastructure projects. The Sustainable Land and Resource Management Practice is a well-established, award winning, multi-disciplinary, environmental and engineering practice with an extensive portfolio of regeneration and development projects and a highly skilled team; notably with staff winning various awards over the past years.
We are seeking a Contaminated Land / Environmental Consultant to input into some of our exciting and challenging projects. The successful candidate will be an important part of an innovative and technically excellent team helping deliver projects to a number of the largest UK-based and international infrastructure projects. AtkinsRéalis contaminated land specialists use the full range of their skills, working on land contamination, hydrogeology and brownfield redevelopment projects as well as providing innovative solutions to engineering challenges. The work involves local and national projects and frameworks being delivered by AtkinsRéalis across a range of exciting markets, including the development of Cities, Transportation major road and rail sectors and Energy Infrastructure. We work on projects in the South West, Wales and the Midlands, the UK and around the world.Responsibilities
- Organisation, collation and assessment of desk-based information as part of Phase 1 Desk Studies. Take a leading role in implementing AtkinsRéalis digital initiatives and automation aims.
- Digital data management, development of conceptual site models, and undertaking qualitative and quantitative risk assessments for human health and the water environment. Preparation and delivery of factual and interpretative reporting.
- Design of Phase 2 site investigations, organising, supervising and undertaking environmental / geo-environmental site investigation and monitoring, including site based work such as contractor supervision, soil sampling and ground gas/vapour/leachate/groundwater and surface water monitoring/sampling and/or supervising or supporting others in contractor management, liaison and supervision.
- Compliance with Health and Safety Policies and Procedures, including preparation of H&S Plans for site investigation and managing health and safety on site.
- Preparation of relevant Environmental Impact Assessment chapters.
- Developing own competence and maintain CPD necessary to fulfil the responsibilities of the role, with support from the business on own training and development needs.
- Management of own work including supporting senior management to ensure projects are delivered on-time, on budget and to quality and client expectations.
- Higher education qualification in a relevant engineering or science subject (e.g. geology, geography, hydrogeology, chemistry, earth sciences, environmental science).
- Demonstratable understanding of land contamination/brownfield land issues including understanding of relevant codes of practice and industry standards.
- Willingness to travel and undertake site-based work.
What we offer
- Experience in working with geospatial data (GIS) using software such as QGIS and/or ArcGIS.
- Ideally you will have experience managing data on large projects, especially GIS data and AGS data.
- Experience in site based work including supervision of trial pitting, drilling and undertaking gas/vapour/leachate/groundwater and surface water monitoring/sampling.
- Part-time and/or flexible hours contracts.
- Home working and flexible home office locations across the UK.
- Paid overtime and/or TOIL system.
- Competitive salaries and a huge range of other benefits.
- 25 days annual leave, plus paid bank holidays, plus the ability to buy up to 15 extra days annual leave!
- Paid professional memberships and individual training budgets.
- Use of team I-pad's for work purposes.
- Tailored training and mentoring schemes to advance your career.
And so much more...
Here at AtkinsRéalis well-being is at the forefront of everything we do. We recognise that there is more to life than work and that making time for the other things is crucial for health and happiness. Therefore, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish times will help with this, we are more than happy to discuss individual requirements (and to keep these requirements flexible going forward). We utilise a paid overtime and TOIL system, which also helps individuals to make time for the things that are important to them and prevents staff burn out during the busy season." Our IT systems support home-working, so where you have parental or carer duties; or you simply need to be elsewhere for a parcel, servicing your car, or waiting in for a tradesperson; AtkinsRéalis will work for you.What we offer?
AtkinsRéalis recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements. As part of this commitment, we understand the need for a diverse and flexible workforce, where a work-life balance is important. So, by default AtkinsRéalis offers flexible working, where there is no fixed 9 'till 5, no need for a 5-day week, no requirement for a full-time contract, and no requirement to spend all your working time in the office.Rewards and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary that is regularly tested against other consultants with a default 25-days leave each year plus bank holidays and options to buy some or sell of that leave. Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
New name, new era. We are AtkinsRéalis. It will take some time for all our information to update - you can still refer to our fantastic benefits via the link below: YourReward at SNC-Lavalin (snclavalin.com)Training:
AtkinsRéalis is committed to developing its people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual's abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.Additional Information:This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. The vetting process is delivered by United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) and may require candidates to provide proof of residency in the UK of 5 years or longer. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.#LI-INFRASTRUCTURE | #LI-UK | #LI-ATKINSWorker Type
Contractual (Fixed Term)
At AtkinsRéalis, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.