About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Health & Safety Advisor to join our Rail Power systems business. This role will provide HSES advise, covering various London Underground Infrastructure projects, Network Rail projects and factory and depots located in Hereford, Chesterfield and Glasgow.
The role will predominantly be London based, with the requirement to travel to the other depots every 3-4 weeks. A company car is provided with this role.
The Health & Safety Advisor will provide support and advice to the operational teams on all aspects of health and safety to ensure the project is compliant with legal and company requirements and driving a safety culture of continual improvement.What you'll be doing
As a Health and Safety Advisor, you will have the following accountabilities:
Who we're looking for
- Support the Programme Director / Operations Lead to ensure the project is compliant with the health and safety requirements of the UK Business Management System (BMS)
- Support and promote delivery of UK and Group Zero Harm Action Plans
- Support the Head of HSES a in achieving Zero Harm objectives
- Collaborativelyengage with both internal & external Customers including the Supply Chain
- Support, (as required) work winning teams with quality HSES responses for bids, proposals and PQQs
- Embed a culture where health is treated like safety
- Challenge the norm by innovating and improving the way we work, whilst keeping pace with industry change and promote successes
You will have the following qualities and experience:
Why work for us
- Health and Safety Qualifications Attained relevant NEBOSH Certificate, NVQ (Level 4/5 or comparable)
- Coaching skills
- Ability to influence and promote a positive HSES culture
- Competent in incident & accident investigation
- Good understanding of CDM 2015 Roles and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate commitment to continual learning to refine, further develop and apply expertise to add distinctive value to customers and Balfour Beatty
- Broad experience of construction and civils projects
- Ability to engage and converse at all levels
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty is one of the UK's leading rail infrastructure suppliers. From feasibility studies, planning and design through to implementation and asset management, we provide multi-disciplinary rail infrastructure services across the life cycle of rail assets.About us
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality. You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion. Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: