Company DescriptionWork with Us. Change the World.
At AECOM, we're delivering a better world. Whether improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water, or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive. We are the world's trusted infrastructure consulting firm, partnering with clients to solve the world's most complex challenges and build legacies for future generations.
There has never been a better time to be at AECOM. With accelerating infrastructure investment worldwide, our services are in great demand. We invite you to bring your bold ideas and big dreams and become part of a global team of nearly 50,000 planners, designers, engineers, scientists, digital innovators, program and construction managers and other professionals delivering projects that create a positive and tangible impact around the world.
We're one global team driven by our common purpose to deliver a better world. Join us.Job Description
Are you passionate about improving the environmental performance of infrastructure development projects? If so, we'd love to hear from you at AECOM.
We are recruiting experienced Senior Environmental Consultants
to join our Environment & Sustainability business that has over 650 staff working across the UK and Ireland. As we are a national team, we are flexible in terms of office location - this includes offices in Basingstoke, Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Chesterfield, Croydon, Edinburgh, Exeter, Glasgow, Leeds, London Aldgate, Manchester, Newcastle, Nottingham, Plymouth, St Albans, Warrington. However, do get in touch if this does not work for you because, for the right candidate, we'll explore other options.
We would welcome interest from candidates looking for either a part-time or full-time position.
As a Senior Environmental Consultant
you'll assist in coordinating environmental inputs to large-scale development projects that are transforming our infrastructure, such as:
- Energy generation projects, including those that include carbon capture and storage, hydrogen and renewables (including solar and offshore)
- Energy distribution and transmission projects (including international connectors)
- Strategic national and regional rail projects
- Highway improvements and greenway projects
- Regeneration projects, including portside developments
- Developments within the ecommerce, minerals and waste, water, defence, aviation, commercial/ residential and industrial sectors
As a Senior Environmental Consultant
you'll provide environmental inputs across all project life stages, from early strategy development and site identification studies, through feasibility, optioneering/ option selection, outline design, to detailed design, discharging of conditions, construction, and scheme operation/ maintenance. You will have the opportunity to work across a portfolio of development projects covering multiple consenting regimes (DCO, TCPA, TWA, hybrid Bill etc.).
You will work daily with technical experts within our established Environmental Impact team. We are a founding member of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) EIA Quality Mark, whilst everything we do aligns with our environmental, social and governance (ESG) strategy.Your role will include:
- Coordinating multidisciplinary environmental inputs across a wide range of projects, supporting projects to gain development consent
- Coordinating the preparation of EIA screening and scoping reports, environmental assessments/ Environmental Statements (and in the future Environmental Outcomes Reports) and supporting documents, including the technical review of specialist chapters
- Liaising with clients and internal supply teams
- Working as part of integrated design teams to identify environmental constraints, avoid impacts and develop solutions in accordance with the mitigation hierarchy, as well as delivering benefits where possible
- Coordinating resources and budgets (with support as applicable)
- Supporting business development opportunities and associated fee and technical proposal development
- Promoting AECOM's environmental services to both internal and external audiences
The following would be a bonus:
- A working experience of EIA projects (including screening and scoping), environmental assessment methods and applicable planning legislation
- Confidence when engaging with a wide variety of stakeholder groups
- The ability to work collaboratively as part of an established team, coordinating inputs from specialist technical teams
- Excellent verbal and report writing skills, including technical reviewing with an eye for detail
- Developing project management skills, including staff resource management and budget management
- A degree in a relevant environmental discipline (preferably a Masters degree) and an appropriate professional membership
- Willingness to travel
Additional InformationAbout AECOM
- Working towards Chartered Environmentalist status
- Experience of the DCO and/ or TWAO consenting regimes
AECOM is the world's trusted infrastructure consulting firm, delivering professional services throughout the project lifecycle - from advisory, planning, design and engineering to program and construction management. On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, new energy and the environment, our public- and private-sector clients trust us to solve their most complex challenges. Our teams are driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world through our unrivaled technical and digital expertise, a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion, and a commitment to environmental, social and governance priorities. AECOM is a Fortune 500 firm and its Professional Services business had revenue of $13.1 billion in fiscal year 2022. See how we are delivering sustainable legacies for generations to come at aecom.com and @AECOM.Freedom to Grow in a World of Opportunity
You will have the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you're working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion - a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We're the world's trusted global infrastructure firm, and we're in this together - your growth and success are ours too.
Join us, and you'll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm - access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.ReqID:
DCSStrategic Business Unit:
Europe & IndiaCareer Area:
ScienceWork Location Model: