At Turner & Townsend we're passionate about making the difference - we are committed to delivering Sustainable Net Zero outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious Net Zero programmes from over 112 offices worldwide.Job Description
Our specialist Housing Sustainability and Net Zero team is growing in response to rising demand from social housing providers and public sector organisations. We are looking particularly for individuals with demonstrable industry experience of supporting housing sustainability programmes to support investment planning and delivery on the net zero carbon agenda.
Our Senior Consultants join us from a range of organisations including energy and sustainability consultancies, multi-disciplinary engineering consultancies, local authorities, and housing associations. They will have played key roles in the development and delivery of housing and/or real estate sustainability projects, with demonstrable technical experience in retrofit and possibly with line management responsibilities.
In this role you'll be at the forefront of the net zero carbon transition in the UK's housing and public sectors. The specific role will be shaped around the individual skills and experience that you bring, with a range of opportunities from developing net zero energy and ESG strategies to project delivery support on some of the UK's most innovative, market shaping projects such as the Social Housing Retrofit Accelerator and Retrofit Accelerator for Homes.
If this sounds interesting - talk to us to find out more about what we do. A conversation can lead to amazing places!Key tasks (not necessarily all in one person)
- To line manage junior consultants and play a key role in their professional development and facilitating them to deliver excellent work
- To support the development of business cases for new service areas to expand our reach to cover new clients, sectors, and technologies
- To take a lead role in managing projects, including client liaison, team resource management and budget management
- To support social landlords and public sector bodies through the delivery journey of their net-zero strategies and investment programmes, including: awareness, interest, business case, decision, procurement, build phase, monitoring, and completion
- To lead on the analysis of housing asset data to benchmark energy performance and develop investment scenarios against energy performance and net zero targets
- To support social landlords to measure their environmental performance and put in place ESG strategies and reporting frameworks (with a focus on environment but an awareness of social and governance issues for housing providers)
- To support the delivery of current industry assistance programmes including the Social Housing Retrofit Accelerator, working directly with housing providers to build their capacity to deliver housing retrofit
- To support on identification of new business opportunities and contribute towards new bids.
- Positive, creative approach
- Self-starter, able to work independently
- Excellent team member, dependable, collaborative, inspiring
We are looking to add a range of skills and experience to the team, not necessarily all in the same individual, including:Essential
- Degree qualified or equivalent relevant work experience in a sustainability or environment related topic, with a focus on housing and/or the wider built environment
- Systematic approach to project management, with extensive experience of managing complex, multi-stakeholder projects, often simultaneously
- Demonstrable experience in interpreting and using data to drive decarbonisation and asset planning, turning data into realisable projects and programmes
- Strong subject matter expertise of net zero and ESG policy and strategy in the social housing sector
- Excellent communication skills, ability to develop succinct and accurate communications covering complex subject matter for delivery to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Great problem-solving skills, adopting the most suitable approach for clients and your team
- Strong relationship management skills developed through client facing roles
- Social landlord/public sector experience and expertise: asset management, finance, development (ideally with specific experience of managing/coordinating capital spend and retrofit projects)
- Construction and manufacturing sector experience, including construction contract management
- New build housing development experience
- Experience in developing and delivering guidance and/or tools to assist housing providers with retrofit projects
- Sustainable procurement practices and supply chain sustainability assessment/improvement
- Retrofit Coordinator training or other similar energy related qualifications and awareness of PAS2035
- Stakeholder engagement, particularly with residents of social housing
- Experience of growing and managing effective teams
- Business development experience - prospecting/lead development, developing business cases, bid writing and bid management
- Ability to review, analyse and benchmark energy and carbon performance, including carbon footprinting, Whole Life Carbon assessment
- Knowledge of sustainability reporting guidelines/frameworks, e.g. GHG protocol, CDP, TCFD
- Ability to identify potential technical solutions for different housing archetypes, including fabric measures, low carbon heating and renewable energy
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/
SOX control responsibilities may be part of this role, which are to be adhered to where applicable.
Join our social media conversations for more information about Turner & Townsend and our exciting future projects:
It is strictly against Turner & Townsend policy for candidates to pay any fee in relation to our recruitment process. No recruitment agency working with Turner & Townsend will ask candidates to pay a fee at any time.
Any unsolicited resumes/CVs submitted through our website or to Turner & Townsend personal e-mail accounts, are considered property of Turner & Townsend and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorised Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Turner & Townsend, there must be a formal written agreement in place and the agency must be invited, by the Recruitment Team, to submit candidates for review.