JLL supports the Whole You, personally and professionally.
Our people at JLL are shaping the future of real estate for a better world by combining world class services, advisory and technology to our clients. We are committed to hiring the best, most talented people in our industry; and we support them through professional growth, flexibility, and personalized benefits to manage life in and outside of work. Whether you've got deep experience in commercial real estate, skilled trades, and technology, or you're looking to apply your relevant experience to a new industry, we empower you to shape a brighter way forward so you can thrive professionally and personally.Objective of role
Working closely with the JLL Head of HSEQ Operations (PAM - Crown Estate London Portfolio) and the Crown Estate safety team, you will help drive a transformation approach to developing and maintaining a best-in-class HSEQ management system for PAM (Property & Asset Management) UK. Ultimately aiming towards an ISO certificated Integrated Management system (IMS) programme as part of the wider PAM ISO programme.
You will implement the JLL safety management systems and drive key initiatives and metrics aimed at continual improvement, and benchmarking performance. Focus for this role is on residential but requires a flexible team approach working across commercial aspects too.
This is a key operational excellence role requiring you to lead a culture-based collaboration programme, to inspire and motivate people to deliver best practice forward through an innovative 'One JLL & TCE Safety First' strategic plan to achieve our mutual business goals.What are we looking for?
This is a hands-on operational delivery Health, Safety, Environment and Quality role so the experience we require is in line with the level. You'll currently be operating within a residential or commercial property environment but could be from a property safety consultancy, the facilities management industry, residential or a more highly regulated service industry sector.
Whatever your background you'll need a solid background in property and residential related safety and be able to demonstrate how you have driven a 'values led' approach to a Health & Safety management role.
The role requires you to actively monitor, challenge and drive continual performance improvement. The capability to motivate people from diverse business groups; demonstrating best practice, innovative strategies, technology and your 'values led' influencing skills to achieve objectives will be key to success.Reporting structure
- Reporting to the Head of HSEQ Operations within the (JLL - Crown Estate) HSEQ Team of 7, and within the wider PAM Workplace Risk and Resilience Team of 18 safety, environment and quality professionals
HS Management / Audit Programme
- Working closely with the Head of HSEQ Operations, Head of Residential and Head of Operations to analyse the HSE risk within the residential business, to implement an effective risk management, improvement programme aligned to the business model
- Working in partnership with the TCE Safety and Wellbeing Team prepare and implement a Maturity Plan to achieve ISO 45001 aligning with the wider PAM UK ISO certification
- Manage the Risk Register for all the residential TCE portfolio
- With the Head of HSEQ operations, update and implement operating policies and procedures (writing, revising and approving), ensuring regulatory compliance in conjunction with being "fit for purpose"
- Lead the health and safety incident and near miss investigation programme to identify root cause and making recommendations to prevent reoccurrence
- Manage a Health and Safety training programme at JLL (TCE portfolio) to ensure compliance with Mandatory legislative training and identified risk assessment needs
- Assist the Head of HSEQ Operations to implement initiatives and leading indicators to embed H&SE values, helping to drive a the 'One Team Safer Together' culture within the business
- Provide stakeholders and customers with timely and accurate safety and health performance information, along with tracking action plans where required
- Preparing for audits, assessments and inspections from all accreditation bodies and customers as well as ensuring that supplier and subcontractor audits are performed and reported as scheduled
- Work with the Building Safety Manager on the residential portfolio to drive the implementation of the Building Safety Act requirements for the portfolio; ensuring key milestones for the Golden Thread and Safety Case are met
- Liaise with external enforcement bodies and insurance inspections as well as clients in order to satisfy key stakeholder requirements
- To monitor and work with external Health, Safety, Security and Environmental consultants to make sure the liabilities of JLL are being adequately identified, addressed, managed, and are cost effective. Report non-compliance with agreed practices to the Head of HSEQ Operations
- Carry out and record an internal audit programme and support the FM team in all safety and compliance matters as they arise to ensure they have effective risk mitigation controls in place
- Ensuring that any outgoing or incoming properties have had an audit carried out and report uploaded onto Vision by JLL
Your overall safety mission
- Work with the Head of HSEQ Operation to maintain a training needs analysis for the portfolio, identifying relevant training provision and assist with tracking
- Facilitate training courses and update briefings as required
- Coordinate the delivery of regular training sessions to various operational management teams
- Undertake any other training duties as required by the Head of HSEQ Operations
Core Qualifications and skills
- Support the JLL TCE Portfolio team in being identified as having the strongest and most effective HSEQ Risk Management cultures within the business sector
- Quantify and reduce the occurrence of accidents, incidents and near misses to the lowest possible level, using root cause analysis as a key tool in driving the 'Safety-First' culture approach
As well as being a strong role model for values led culture change & behavioural safety impact you will also need
- Member of IOSH - Chartered preferred or working towards
- NEBOSH Diploma or Degree in Safety Management
- Comprehensive knowledge of Legislation and HS&E guidance
- Specialist area of risk (ie Working at Height / Construction Design Management Regs 2015 / Business Continuity Planning)
- Sound understanding of residential compliance, including Building Safety Act requirements and implementation of the secondary legislation
- Project Management - particularly fire and building safety related
- Good understanding and implementation experience of ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO45001, HSG65
- Ability to inspire and motivate people to drive the business forward and achieve business goals
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent project management and time management skills
- Ability to process map and identify areas to improve
- Ability to write H&SE policies / procedures
- Must be customer-service driven and have excellent communication skills
- A team player with excellent interpersonal and influencing skills who interacts effectively with colleagues and clients
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision when necessary
- Ability to work under pressure, manage time and assist the team in meeting deadlines
On-site -London, GBR
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply, even if you don't meet all the requirements. We're interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!About JLL
For over 200 years, JLL (NYSE: JLL), a leading global commercial real estate and investment management company, has helped clients buy, build, occupy, manage and invest in a variety of commercial, industrial, hotel, residential and retail properties. A Fortune 500® company with annual revenue of $20.9 billion and operations in over 80 countries around the world, our more than 103,000 employees bring the power of a global platform combined with local expertise. Driven by our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world, we help our clients, people and communities SEE A BRIGHTER WAY. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit jll.com.JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL's recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For candidates in the United States, please see a full copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle ("JLL") is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process - including the online application and/or overall selection process - you may contact us at Accommodation Requests. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.