Marketing and Events Officer
Location: UK Homebased with the requirement to attend face to face meetings within the UK. All travel costs can be expensed
IEMA (Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment)
IEMA (The Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment) is the largest professional body for everybody working in the environment and sustainability, with more than 21,000 members www.iema.net.
We help our members by providing resources and tools, research and knowledge sharing along with high-quality formal training and qualifications - from their first steps on the career ladder, right to the very top.
At IEMA we believe that together we can change perceptions and attitudes about the relevance and vital importance of sustainability as a progressive force for good and we are very passionate about what we do!
IEMA is committed to equality of opportunity and having a diverse workforce. Over the last year we have put a significant amount of work behind ensuring that our jobs are accessible for all and that we are nurturing an inclusive and diverse culture. We are also delighted to have achieved the official status of being a Great Place to Work.
Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection are made without discrimination or bias and we welcome applications from all candidates regardless of background.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Marketing and Events Officer to help deliver an annual engagement plan including the delivery of digital and in-person member events and deliver marketing campaigns for IEMA members with its aim to increase satisfaction and encourage member retention.
A key part of this role will be to support with the delivery of IEMA Connect; IEMA’s annual members conference, and to help support the development and expansion of partnerships with industry leading events to increase IEMA’s profile.
The role: Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
You will report to and work very closely with the Head of Marketing and be responsible for the following activities;
- Help plan and successfully deliver a programme of internally-led events, both digital and face-to-face, that align with IEMA’s commercial objectives and provide membership retention opportunities.
- Help plan and deliver a programme of internally-led events, both digital and face-to-face
- Help deliver the annual, online, global members’ conference, IEMA Connect, by planning the project inclusive of logistics and agenda, and being a core part of a project team to deliver the conference
- Coordinate marketing campaigns to promote IEMA’s webinar programme, including putting the webinar registration online, creating a promotional plan and providing feedback from members after the webinar to support the development of the engagement programme
- Build relationships with industry event producers this includes researching current industry events, working with the senior leadership team to establish priorities, building relationships with event organisers, creating partnership agreements and coordinating IEMA’s resource to deliver the agreements
- Working with the Head of Marketing to act as brand guardian, ensuring that brand guidelines are adhered to across marketing platforms and materials. Frequently review and update branding resources to develop a powerful profile that clearly expresses IEMA’s values Work with the Head of Marketing to help deliver effective marketing campaigns to support IEMA’s objectives for retention of new individual members, the sale of training courses and other partner activities
- Build relationships with all areas of the organisation to ensure that the engagement plan delivers on IEMA’s business objectives while pulling together a seamless experience for IEMA members.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Proven experience in planning and delivering successful online digital and in person events or projects
- Proven experience in planning and delivering effective marketing campaigns
- Experience of working with a broad customer base or membership
- Experience of using digital platforms to engage people. Must be comfortable and not phased in using technology for live events
- Knowledge and/or interest in the sustainability sector would be a distinct advantage
You are most likely currently working within marketing, communications or events and looking for a new challenge to develop your skills further and be part of a small passionate marketing and events team who are focused on making a difference within the sustainability sector.
You will have the ability and some experience in helping to produce marketing plans for events, and a desire to play a positive part in the wider marketing team.
This role would suit someone who enjoys carrying out a variety of deadline driven tasks on multiple projects, likes dealing with customers and is technically comfortable using digital platforms.
Outstanding co-ordination and organisation skills and excellent attention to detail and the ability to consistently deliver on administrative tasks. You must have the proven ability to work independently but also be a strong team player, with a desire to produce high quality work and continuously think of improvements. Superior communication skills and proven experience of developing strong professional relationships at all levels is key.
Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, Sharepoint and Microsoft Teams and other digital platforms is all essential, training will be provided on our other platforms.
Place of work:
As this role is UK home based it will be essential that you have the ability and motivation to work from home with reduced supervision. There will be the requirement to attend face to face events and also staff meetings. Most events take place in London, Birmingham and the Midlands so it will be essential that the candidate is either located in or can easily travel to these locations. Candidates must have a reliable home broadband speed – all travel can be expensed and all equipment will be provided.
In return you will receive a competitive salary (depending on experience), 25 days holiday (plus 3 days off at Christmas), 6% employer pension contributions, life assurance, medical cashplan, group income protection and perkbox benefits.
How to apply:
For job enquiries or to apply:
Write to IEMA’s HR Partners at email@example.com. Your application must include a CV and a cover letter. If you are applying on LinkedIn you can upload one document with both both a cover letter and CV included. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. In your cover letter you must set out the relevant experience you have and why you believe you are suitable for this role.
Closing Date for Applications – 4th December 2023