Job DescriptionFixed term contract or secondment opportunity until 31 March 2025| £47,320 to £51,304 per annum (Scale L) | 37 hours per week | Rebecca House
Are you an experienced Adult's Social Work Team Manager looking for your next challenge? If so, we'd love to hear from you.
As Environment for Social Care Operational Manager, you will focus on helping us meet longer term social care needs. You will enable us to promote our vision of people living in their ideal setting, where they are successfully and positively connected to their social networks and communities whilst experiencing a fulfilling life that enables them to contribute to their community and wider society.
As the Operational Change Lead, you will interface between the Local Community Care Team and the Change Team to achieve project outcomes that help us introduce new, sustainable ways of working in a challenging environment throughout our casework journey.
Using an outcome focussed approach linked to our Connecting Communities Work, you will ensure we deliver against legislation, national guidance, departmental procedures and protocols. You will help us introduce new ways of working that promote independence, embed strengths'-based practice and achieve better outcomes for people whilst enabling quality assurance targets and timescales are monitored and met, alongside thriving local partnership arrangements.
To be successful, you will possess the drive and enthusiasm to be able to effect change in our diverse Adult Social Care Department using a creative and proactive approach that also supports our social care practitioners and team managers in the department successfully.
If you would like further information or to discuss the role, please contact Anthea Blenkinsop (Head of Integrated Care for North Place) on 01953 450841 or Simon Baugh (Operations Director for North Place) on 01953 450837.
These are some benefits you can enjoy by working for Norfolk County Council:
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday entitlement with the ability to buy and sell leave
- Health and Wellbeing services including fast-track physiotherapy and a free counselling service
- Flexible working opportunities including flexi-time, part time, remote and hybrid working - dependant on your job role and business need.
- Financial benefits such as:
- 'Norfolk Rewards' our employee discounts programme which helps you save money on almost anything, from everyday groceries and clothes, to holidays, new technology, gym membership, trips to the cinema and days out.
- A Blue Light card for Fire Service and Social Care Workers
- An advance of your expenses if you travel for work
- Local Government Pension Scheme with generous employer contribution, life assurance, death in service payments and dependants' pensions.
- A payment if you refer someone you know to a hard to fill job.
- Tax efficient ways of getting extra pension, new bikes and electric cars.
Before you apply, we recommend reading the full Job Description and Person Specification
to help you demonstrate you meet the criteria. You can also find information on our Terms and Conditions here.
Already a Norfolk County Council employee? See and apply for internal and external vacancies in myOracle using your @norfolk.gov.uk or @nccal.ac.uk email.
We welcome internal applications for this role but would like to make you aware that priority consideration for this post may be given to current employees who are affected by restructure within the organisation or are in a redeployment position.Closing date: 20 November 2023 at 23:59