Join us in engineering a better future for our planet and its people.
AtkinsRéalis is a world-leading design, engineering and project management organization. We
connect people, data and technology to transform the world's infrastructure and energy systems. Together, with our industry partners and clients, and our global team of consultants, designers, engineers and project managers, we can change the world.
We have a strong presence in the United Kingdom that enables us to build deep and lasting relationships with our clients. We share their goals and long-term ambitions; we're on the same journey to create places and infrastructure which will support long term sustainable development, healthy living and vibrant communities.
We are seeking an Engineering Manager - Integration and Demonstration Environment for Cognitive Cities (IDEC) to join our London office to deliver The Line: an exciting and visionary cross-border city in the Tabuk Province of north-western Saudi Arabia. The City will serve Neom Region: an area near the Red Sea and the borders of Egypt, Israel, and Jordan. It will cover a total area of 26,500 km2 (10,200 sq mi) and will extend 460 km along the coast of the Red Sea.
Together we are delivering the world's largest project, imagining a new way of living, and leaving behind an unmatched legacy. The Role
As an Engineering Manager - Integration and Demonstration Environment for Cognitive Cities (IDEC) within the Cognitive Cities team on The Line, the successful candidate will support the Engineered Design Cognitive Cities team in our mission objectives of establishing the cognitive city-built environment. The Engineering Manager - Integration and Demonstration Environment for Cognitive Cities (IDEC) will be responsible for leading the development and implementation of the IDEC for the cognitive cities workstream of THE LINE project in NEOM. The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of delivering data driven projects, solutions and platforms, managing data engineering teams, a deep understanding of the cognitive cities vision for THE LINE, and a passion for creating a better future through technology. The role will suit a data solutions specialist who can see the bigger picture.
The Cognitive Cities team works within the Engineered Design function of The Line Delivery Partner. The core team focus area include:
Defining and writing the scopes of work that will be supplied to design consultants.
Working with different parts of NEOM to put in place the relevant procedures and principles that should be adhered to in order to deliver the Cognitive City.
Managing the design consultant's delivery of the Cognitive City elements.
Ensuring we exercise a professional approach to the requirements, offering the appropriate advice, expertise and challenges.
Supporting Engineered Design workstreams by prioritizing end user needs through a facilitated discovery process, including stakeholder engagement activities and workshops to capture requirements, to ensure the cognitive aspects of user requirements can be achieved.Core Responsibilities
What We're Looking ForSkills / Experience
- Develop the data solution requirements for the IDEC, including realizing the vision of the Information Management Framework (IMF).
- Work with other departments to ensure that the IDEC meets the needs of all stakeholders.
- Manage a team of engineers responsible for the development and maintenance of the IDEC.
- Oversee the design, procurement, and deployment of the necessary hardware and software.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key partners in the smart/cognitive city industry.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest trends in smart/cognitive city technology.
- Ensure that the IDEC is aligned with the cognitive cities vision for THE LINE.
- Work with other departments to develop and implement innovative use cases for IDEC in cognitive cities.
- Demonstrate an interest in adopting new and innovative technologies.
- Knowledge of industry trends, including Smart and Cognitive Cities, with a focus on technology and data
- Experience in delivering data and information management services on large design and construction programmes with multiple stakeholders and teams of project leaders.
- Experience in providing data consultancy services including smart and platform technical advice and guidance.
- Experience of data analysis and data presentation.
- Deep understanding of the Smart/Cognitive City landscape.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to work without supervision and as part of a team.
- Passion for creating a better future through technology.
- Hands-on experience in ontology development and data modeling.
- Proficiency in using data modeling tools.
- Familiarity with modeling standards or notations.
- Experience with semantic web technologies and ontology languages.
- Knowledge of graph data storage and graph databases.
Additional Information:This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. The vetting process is delivered by United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) and may require candidates to provide proof of residency in the UK of 5 years or longer. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.Why choose AtkinsRéalis
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Engineering, Construction Management, Computer Science or related field
- Proven track record of managing engineering teams.
Your difference makes a difference. We care for our people and are committed to creating an inclusive working environment where you can thrive and build a future you want to be a part of.
Thrive with us. When you join us, your wellbeing, health and safety become our top priority.
Engineering the future with digital. From design and engineering to project management, digital is fundamental to our way of working.
Champion lasting change. We build sustainability into everything we do.Benefits
- Full-time, part-time, and/or flexible hours contracts.
- Paid overtime and/or TOIL system.
- Competitive salaries and a huge range of other benefits.
- 25 days annual leave, plus paid bank holidays, plus the ability to buy up to 15 extra days!
- Paid professional memberships and individual training budgets.
- Tailored training and mentoring schemes to advance your career.
- And so much more
Created by the integration of long-standing organizations dating back to 1911, AtkinsRéalis is a world-leading professional services and project management company dedicated to engineering a better future for our planet and its people. We create sustainable solutions that connect people, data and technology to transform the world's infrastructure and energy systems. We deploy global capabilities locally to our clients and deliver unique end-to-end services across the whole life cycle of an asset including consulting, advisory & environmental services, intelligent networks & cybersecurity, design & engineering, procurement, project & construction management, operations & maintenance, decommissioning and capital. The breadth and depth of our capabilities are delivered to clients in key strategic sectors such as Engineering Services, Nuclear, Operations & Maintenance and Capital. News and information are available at www.atkinsrealis.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
We value diversity and believe that everyone deserves to thrive, without exception. So, you'll be part of a culture that wants to see more women in senior roles. We have signed the MoD's "Women in Defence" and "Women in Aviation and Aerospace" charters. These pledges include providing opportunities for women to succeed at all levels. We're also committed to being a Military friendly employer and have been recognised with the Ministry of Defence's (MoD) Gold Employer Recognition Award.
At AtkinsRéalis, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.