The HPC Jobs Service supports local people into exciting, long-term careers across our Project.
Darchem Engineering are recruiting for a HSE Lead
to work with them on the Hinkley Point C Project,Responsibilities:
- Ensure the Health and Standards of the HPC project are consistently met.
- Champion the HPC Way including its pillars.
- Effectively manage H&S team, providing structure and direction.
- Give competent advice across a multi-functional / discipline project.
- Carry out all duties with full regard to all site policies, plans and procedures.
- Build relationships with other site based contractors and the Principal Contractor.
- Monitor the working practices of employees and contractors regarding health and safety, environment and welfare.
- Carry out HSE inspections across multiple work areas.
- Undertake such additional tasks as are reasonably commensurate with the level of the post.
- Share best practices and lessons learnt from their area of responsibility to allow for continuous improvement.
- Proactively engage with site Safety Representatives.
- Work closely with project and construction teams - ensuring methodology and sequencing of works can be carried out safely.
Minimum Qualifications:(in line with MEH Onboarding matrix)
- Conduct audits of site activities and sub-contractor operations.
- Record the findings of audit reports and inspections in line with the HSSE Management system requirements and the Assurance Schedule.
- Intervene when unsafe practices are observed, offer solutions to observations made.
- Observe and record 'At Risk' & 'Reduce Risk' behaviours.
- Upload all findings into the site reporting tool.
- NEBOSH general certificate/NEBOSH construction certificate or equivalent.
- IOSH membership or similar.
- Ideally an individual with a background in a multi-disciplined environment incl. Fabrication and welding, temporary works and lifting.
- Strong construction background with a minimum 5 years' experience.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in order to explain HSE procedures and expectations to a range of people.
- Working knowledge of the Health and Safety regulations.
- Suitable site experience in a similar role, preferably in the nuclear industry.
- Basic understanding of nuclear site Licence Conditions.
- An investigative mind and a keen eye for detail.
- IT literate - familiar with Microsoft packages.
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. As a project, we do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.