At International Automotive Components, it's what's inside that really drives us. Operating across 19 countries, we bring over 160 years of automotive expertise to the forefront in crafting beautiful interiors that help to differentiate vehicles in the global marketplace. We believe our employees to be our greatest asset: we welcome employees of all backgrounds, and are proud to provide benefits such as professional development opportunities and length of service awards among many others.
We are excited to confirm the below opportunity to join our innovative and conscientious team:
Main purpose of the job:
As the Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) Co-ordinator supporting the HSE Manager you will provide a comprehensive and co-ordinated approach to management systems, risk assessment, auditing, accident / incident investigation, legislative and company compliance. Work proactively with managers, supervisors and employees across all levels and help improve / sustain the HSE culture across the business. Coach / mentor managers, supervisors, employees across all levels to help drive improvements across the business.
Main missions and results:
• Advise Management on HSE issues.
• Ensure compliance with UK legislation.
• Monitor and report on HSE performance.
• Collate and report monthly HSE statistics.
• Assist the HSE Manager with managing the HSE committee meetings.
• Co-ordinate risk assessment schedule and risk reduction measures.
• Undertake HSE audits, prepare action plans and track progress.
• Deliver general HSE training to all levels of employee, including at induction.
• Enforcement of company policies & procedures.
• Assist the HSE Manager in implementing the Corporate Health, Safety and Environmental
Policies across the plant.
• Assist in the development, implementation and evaluation of a health & safety roadmap / action plan for the Plant
• Assist line managers to investigate accidents / incidents in a timely manner and ensure any subsequent corrective actions are identified, valid, and implemented.
• Assist line managers in implementing health & safety systems and procedures to meet specific requirements, such as accident reporting, manual handling, LOTO and control of substance hazardous to health (COSHH), in a consistent and effective manner.
• Monitor national and local legal requirements for environmental and health & safety and with the assistance of the HSE Manager initiate, if applicable, implementation of required amendments.
• Inform HSE Manager of any hazardous activities.
• Support / drive waste management compliance / recycling improvements across the business.
• Support the business in implementation of ISO50001 and support sustainability committee /initiatives.
Preferred skills and experience:
• Relevant HSE qualifications (NEBOSH or equivalent).
• Internal auditor for ISO14001:2015 & ISO45001.
• IOSH Membership.
• Experience of working within a fast-paced environment, preferably automotive /manufacturing.
• Excellent communication skills.
• High level of diplomacy and the ability to relate to people in all types of positions.
• Knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements.
• Good operational knowledge of PC applications and Microsoft.
• Highly organised with the ability to prioritise workload.
• Excellent influencer of people.