Job Description:Job Overview:
Reporting to the Production Manager for your value stream, you will support all the business on assigned HSE tasks with the delivery of HSE Plans which ensures the site is fully compliant, managers are proactive and create a culture conducive to the achievement of Business aims and thus delivers bottom line value. Working closely with your counterpart and the operational management team to develop line management capability and the implementation of good people management practices through advising on complex operational matters, coaching and mentoring.Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance to local Health, Safety and Environmental legislation as well as company policies and requirements through internal and external site inspections.
- HSE Performance KPI reporting, environmental monitoring and measurement. Report weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually on progress.
- Leading HSE Steering meetings, Safety Committees.
- Managing reporting and investigation procedures for accidents/incidents and EL/PL Clams.
- Actively lead implementation of legal, insurance and corporate standards.
- Review of HSE Risk Assessment, Policies and Procedures regularly.
- To provide support on HSE and continuous improvement Projects.
- Working with regulatory enforcement agencies / Insurance agencies / occupational health providers.
- Review of trends with Occupational health assessments and hygienist reports.
- Identify requirements and deliver HSE training as necessary in-house (and external).
- Collaborate with site teams; leadership, production, engineering, logistics, purchasing to ensure completion of HSE improvement plans, deployment of HSE/SIF roadmaps and to ensure safe working environment.
- Collaborate within the site and externally to ensure the safety of contractors and visitors.
- Managing HSE budget as applicable to the site and your area; processing purchase orders and resolving invoice purchase order queries.
- Coordinating and consulting with leadership teams.
- Effectively coach and work as part of a multi-disciplinary team with the capability to support the Site HSE requirements.
- Analysis of site HSE trends; leading and lagging.
- Lead the site HSE policy development, strategic planning, Zero Harm and HSE Roadmap development, address any compliance issues and keep updated with current legislation.
- Provide HSE advice specific to the business, acting as a technical expert and internal consultant; direct, lead and coach site leadership on HSE best practice to ensure Managers are focused on delivering a safe working environment.
- Develop, initiate and coordinate short, medium and long-term activities and innovative preventative strategies and program for sustained HSE Performance and continually enhance the safety culture.
- Support managers to secure meaningful employee involvement in HSE.
- Work together with the Production Manager to manage the HSE budget for your area.
Collaboratively work with your counterpart to achieve the following:
The successful candidate must have:
- Representing and promoting the organisation's HSE performance to third parties (e.g. clients, contractors, hauler, HSENI, EPA, other stakeholders as necessary).
- Management of internal HSE audits and external compliance audit programme, supporting 5S audits.
- HSE Inductions.
- Lead environmental controls, waste management systems, carbon and energy reduction projects.
- Actively lead implementation of legal, insurance and Corporate standards.
- Support and implement robust risk management systems.
- Manage and co-ordinate Occupational Health contracts (external contracts).
- Increasing awareness of HSE through training and communication.
The below would also be desirable though not essential:
- A NEBOSH General Certificate in Health & Safety or similar.
- Knowledge of current Health, Safety and Environmental Legislation.
- A good working knowledge of Risk assessments, COSHH, RIDDOR, and Display Screen Equipment.
- Significant experience gained in a similar role within similar industry.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to demonstrate significant experience of working within manufacturing environment
- NEBOSH Fire Safety and Risk Management Certificate
- NEBOSH Environment Certificate or similar.
- NEBOSH Certificate in Health and Well-being at work
- Train the Trainer Certificate
- Knowledge of PPC Regulations, UK Packaging regulations,
- Experience of implementation, development or auditing of management systems; OHSAS 18001/ISO45001, ISO50001, ISO14001, ISO9001
- Experience of coaching and mentoring
- Membership of IOSH
This above description is non-exhaustive and there may be additional duties in accordance with the role.
- Self-motivated and high energy
- Ability to work within a team
- Ability to work in an environment that is fluid with constantly changing priorities
- Negotiation skills
- Customer focus
- Action Orientation
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to influence at all levels
- Highest level of integrity, honesty and trust
- Drive for results
- Excellent listening skills
- Business Acumen
If you are interested in an open position but feel you may not meet all the listed qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.Terex Overview:
At Terex, we fully embrace the increasingly diverse world around us and strive to create an empowering and welcoming workplace culture. We are a $4.0 billion publicly traded global manufacturer of materials processing and aerial work platform products and services. We are passionate about producing equipment that helps improve the lives of people around the world and providing our team members with a rewarding career and the opportunity to make an impact.
While our operations are global, each office or factory is a close-knit community. We value diversity, equity and inclusion, safety, integrity, respect, servant leadership, courage, citizenship, and continuous improvement. It's an exciting time to be part of the expanding manufacturing sector - come join us!Additional Information:
We see inclusion as a key to our success and are committed to actively foster a culture where every team member feels valued, listened to, and appreciated. We are committed to being fair and impartial in our decisions, ensuring equity within our workplace. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics protected by law.
The Company offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits, including Westfield health care for you and your dependents, contributory pension scheme, life assurance cover, employee stock purchase plan and access to global learning and development programs offering accredited and specialist training.