At International Automotive Components, it's what's inside that really drives us. Operating across 19 countries, we bring over 160 years of automotive expertise to the forefront in crafting beautiful interiors that help to differentiate vehicles in the global marketplace. We believe our employees to be our greatest asset: we welcome employees of all backgrounds, and are proud to provide benefits such as professional development opportunities, a gym scheme, and length of service awards among many others.
We are excited to confirm the below opportunity to join our innovative and conscientious team: HSE Manager Main purpose of the job:
This position is responsible for providing environmental, health and safety guidance throughout assigned international locations. This position is also responsible for working with plant EHS coordinators and plant management to ensure compliance, implement good manufacturing and continuous improvement practices, and ensure EHS is a value-added part of the overall business. Main missions and results:
Preferred skills and experience:
- Participates in the process of creation, control and responsibility for the EHS budget.
- Carries out inspections of working conditions and compliance with health and safety at work rules and regulations.
- Keeps up to date with the employer about identified occupational hazards, along with the proposals to remove these threats.
- Prepares and presents to employers periodic analyses of the health and safety at work, including proposals for technical and organizational measures aimed at preventing risks to workers' life and health, and improving working conditions (at least once a year).
- Participates in the development of plans for modernization and development of the workplace and proposes to include in these plans technical and organizational solutions to improve the health and safety of work.
- Participates in the assessment of assumptions and documentation regarding the modernization of the workplace or its part, as well as new investments; reports on the inclusion of health and safety requirements in these assumptions and documentation.
- Participates in the commissioning of newly constructed or reconstructed buildings or parts thereof, where work rooms, production facilities and other equipment are expected to have an impact on the working conditions and safety of employees.
- Submit applications regarding health and safety requirements in applied and newly introduced production processes.
- Presents to the employer applications regarding the preservation of ergonomic requirements at workplaces.
- Participates in the development of company collective labor agreements, internal ordinances, regulations and general instructions regarding health and safety at work, as well as in determining the tasks of persons managing employees in the field of occupational health and safety.
- Provides detailed instructions on occupational health and safety at individual workplaces.
- Participates in determining the circumstances and causes of accidents at work and in drawing conclusions resulting from the examination of the causes and circumstances of these accidents and on occupational diseases, as well as on the control of the implementation of these applications.
- Keeps records, collects and stores documents regarding accidents at work, diagnosed occupational diseases and suspected diseases, as well as results of tests and measurements of harmful factors in the work environment.
- Advises on the application of regulations and principles of health and safety at work.
- Takes part in making a risk assessment that is related to the work being done.
- Advises on the organization and methods of work at workplaces with hazardous, harmful to health or nuisance conditions, and selects the most appropriate measures for collective and individual protection.
- Cooperates with relevant organizational units or persons, in particular, in the area of organizing and ensuring an adequate level of training in the field of occupational health and safety and ensuring proper professional adaptation of newly employed employees.
- Cooperates with authorized laboratories, in accordance with separate regulations, to carry out tests and measurements of factors harmful to health or nuisance conditions occurring in the work environment, in organizing these tests and measurements and methods of protecting employees against these factors or conditions.
- Cooperates with laboratories and other units dealing with measurements of the natural environment, operating in the system of state environmental monitoring.
- Participates in consultations in the field of occupational health and safety, as well as in the work of health and safety at work committees and other company committees dealing with occupational health and safety issues, including prevention of occupational diseases and accidents at work.
- Initiates and develops various forms of popularizing the issues of occupational health and safety and ergonomics at the workplace.
- Cooperates with the National Labour Inspectorate, the State Sanitary Inspectorate, the State Fire Service, the Department of Environmental Protection in the implementation of applications, statements, decisions, recommendations, orders and ordinances.
- Substantial experience in the automotive industry, of which some served as quality and/or EHS engineer, or proven experience in production sector as EHS Engineer and/or Specialist.
- Engineer in chemistry, machinery, or mechanics; degree related to environment and/or health & safety; or equivalent education.
- Perfect knowledge of ISO14001 & OHSAS18001, of applicable EHS legislation and of customer requirements. Knowledge of ISO/IATF16949.
- Local language required, English preferred.
- PC Literate.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Empathic and active listener.
- Must be able to manage several tasks/activities across several different teams that are occurring at the same time.