The HSE Lead supports all areas of the business and leads HSE projects to completion. They will also assist with day-to-day HSE and the development of the HSE Management System to help improve HSE performance, compliance and continual improvement within the factory.
We are looking for a proactive and motivated HSE/project professional with previous HSE experience of complex site operations, whilst also having a hands-on approach to support the delivery of HSE Management System requirements and projects. This is an opportunity to join a global organisation and develop a new solution driven HSE role.
The position will report directly to the HSE Manager but will also work closely with other departments including Facilities, Industrialisation, Operations and Engineering Teams.
• Support HSE Projects including:
• The identification, planning and resolution of site HSE Projects/Improvements arising from Compliance Audits, Inspection Reports, Site Objectives, HSE Improvement Plans and employee Near Miss Reporting.
• Engage contractors to set clear HSE expectations
• Support Site Operational Projects using a Management of Change process
• Under the guidance of Facilities/Industrialisation work to resolve identified HSE issues
• Develop site HSE culture including:
• Support the wider team to implement HSE
• Develop a strong HSE site presence and understanding of Site Expectations
• Support site communications including Inductions, Information Newsletters and Training
• Make HSE recommendations and offer technical advice with personnel at all levels
• Disseminate safety information via bulletin boards, posters, newsletters
• Help the team to adopt HSE so that it becomes a natural way of working
• Support the execution of Day-to-Day Safety including:
• Contribute to the development, implementation and enforcement of the HSE Management Systems to ensure Objectives, HSE Standards, Improvement Plans, Policies, Procedures, Regulatory Provisions, Training Requirements and HSE Communications are both managed and applied
• Advise and support Managers and the Site Team in HSE matters to ensure regulatory and local requirements are adopted
• Support Safran Standards Audit, equivalent to ISO45001 and 14001 and internal inspections
• Suggest, review, undertake and monitor Safe Systems of Work, Compliance Performance, Action Plans and Monitoring Regimes to ensure findings are managed and the HSE management system promote continuous improvement
• Coordinate general safety requirements such as the Safety Committees, Provision of Safety Shoes & Safety Glasses, Accident investigations, Best Practices, Employee Involvement
• Oversee external HSE specialist such as Occupational Health, Auditors, and Specialists covering Asbestos, PUWER, Legionella compliance, DSEAR Audits, Pressure Systems, LOLER, Fire Risk Assessments, Racking, and Electrical Management Systems etc.
• Projects such as Factory moves, and Management of Change for new equipment/processes etc.
• Develop HSE Risk Assessments for General Work, Projects, Chemical, Ergonomic and Dynamic
• Provide feedback, lessons learnt and a basis for improving site HSE
• Collate and update HSE records
• Support Divisional Reporting
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list, and that the job description may be subject to changes according to the requirements of the organisation.
Candidate skills & requirements
• Preferably HSE experience within a manufacturing environment but otherwise Engineering/Technical project experience and proven track record of making a difference
• Recognised HSE qualification minimum of NEBOSH Certificate or Diploma
• Technical knowledge of UK HSE legislation, ISO 45001 & 14001 within a manufacturing/engineering environment
• Proven experience of change management and HSE Projects including the ability to work within a cross-functional team
• Ability to promote standardisation and simplification of HSE plans, processes and procedures
• Ability to work independently and show initiative but also team working as needed
• Open minded with good communication skills and ability to influence stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
• Ability to work in an organised and methodical manner and proven ability to meet deadlines
• Good interpersonal skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels of roles within a business.
• Effective in managing and prioritising workload to meet deadlines with a good attention to detail
• Ability to bring new ideas and positive energy
• Ability to demonstrate adaptability and flexibility to fulfil business need
• Some knowledge of maintenance and facilities processes, skills activity would be advantageous
Europe, UK, England, London