Let's make the most of your talent
This is a hybrid role, and we are happy for you to work from home or at one of our DLG offices. Visits to our Auto Services sites across the UK is required to support projects; this is approximately twice a month, and planned in advance, with a possibility of increasing around the dates when projects are being implemented.About Us:
At Direct Line Group, insurance is just the start. Combining decades of industry experience with experienced people in every field, we're a market powerhouse. And we all work together to be amazing for our customers, every day.What you'll do:
Complete projects to reduce operational emissions from DLG Auto Services sites to ensure Direct Line Group (DLG) to meet their 2030 Science-based Target commitments.
Reporting to Sustainability Program Manager
Working with the DLG Auto Services Sustainability Team, you will build high quality collaborative relationships with teams and individuals across Motor Networks and Engineering Services, Group Property, Procurement & Supply Chain, Direct Line Group and third-party suppliers to deliver an engaging series of projects at DLG Auto Services sites.
Creating an environment where project teams are empowered and collaborate across different departments, this is an exciting opportunity to deliver tangible change to delight internal and external customers and deliver benefit to the business, wider society and the environment
What we are looking for:
- You will manage complex projects with large budgets, delivering solutions that are new to the Auto Services business
- Scope, plan and finish projects to meet an agreed set of requirements, within agreed parameters of time, cost, and quality
- You will lead project teams; engage, empower, and motivate SME resource, and third-party suppliers to focus on delivering project goals and benefits alongside competing our priorities
- You will engage with partners at all levels of the business up to C-suite utilising best practice change methodologies, with a focus on building and encouraging effectual relationships
- Estimate and forecast resource requirements, define clear roles and responsibilities and project organisation, facilitate working and delegation of tasks, use different skillsets and knowledge, hold internal and external resources to account to deliver to project goals
- Define project outcomes and benefits together with project team members and departments impacted by the change, and ensure controls and metrics are in place to measure the benefits against the outcome
- Manage the risks, assumptions and dependencies for delivering these projects, ensuring these are understood and allocated to owners with realistic mitigation plans
- Create project governance and control documentation following agreed framework and methodology, create standard operating procedures across all areas to reflect the changes made
- Create communication and training plans for projects being implemented, utilising expert and SME knowledge and resources for delivery
- You will ensure project handover and delivery into business as usual is carried out and accepted by partners and users, with regular monitoring and oversight to make sure changes are embedded, standardised, sustained and continue to deliver performance and benefits
- Perform Lesson Learned reviews during and after projects together with partners and users, ensuring insights are carried forward into ongoing and future projects2
- You will manage suppliers ensuring best value is obtained and they are meeting requirements and contractual obligations
- Flexible in delivery approach to important projects in any area of Motor Networks & Engineering Services directorate following the priorities set out by senior partners.
What we'll give you in return:
- Project management experience with certification or qualification in project management
- Experience implementing infrastructure projects or projects in an accident repair environment or property development environment is desirable but not essential
- Experience of change management principles, methodologies and tools
- Experience to manage project costs, both capital and operational
- Facilitation and training skills, including the delivery of presentations
We wouldn't be where we are today without our people and the wide variety of perspectives and life experiences they bring. That's why we offer excellent benefits to suit your lifestyle and a flexible working model combining the best parts of home and office-working, varying with the nature of your role. Core benefits include:
Ways of Working
- 9% employer contributed pension
- 50% off home, motor and pet insurance plus free travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover
- Up to 10% annual bonus
- 25 days holiday (rising by 1 each year to 28) + bank holidays and option to buy or sell up to 5 days
- Additional optional Health and Dental insurance
- EV car scheme allows all colleagues to lease a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car in a tax efficient way.
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Employee discounts and cashback
- Plus many more
Our mixed model way of working offers a 'best of both worlds' approach combining the best parts of home and office-working, offering flexibility for everyone. How much you'll be in the office depends on your role, and we'll consider the flexible working options that work best for you.
Read our flexible working approach here.Be yourself
We recognise and embrace people that work in different ways so if you need any reasonable adjustments within this recruitment process, please reach out to us and we can discuss how we can support you with this.
There's no-one else like you. No-one with the exact same mix of strengths, quirks, skills, and thoughts. That's why you could belong here. As part of a team, in a place that empowers you to be the best you can be. We're proud of who we are, of what we do, and what every one of us brings. Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer, and we think diversity of background and thinking is a big strength in our people.
We know you're more than a CV, and the things that make you, you, are what bring potential to our business.Join us
. Help us keep creating and putting customers at the heart of everything. To be an insurance company of the future. When we work together, we can all achieve great things. Inspiring, challenging, and supporting each other to aim higher.Together we're one of a kind.