Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world's leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs, planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.
This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.
We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
JOB TITLE: HSE TEAM LEAD
• Leads as a role model for HSE, Taking personal responsibility for safety and adherence to Petrofac's values, "the lifesaving Rules' and the Horizon Zero ethos.
• encouraging a strong 'speak up and safety culture, ethics and compliance, rules and processes whilst providing to the team performance management, providing technical development, and coaching to the Project team and advisors.
• Act as a team member within the engineering and construction team to assist leadership champion HS&E
• Act as in HSE Manager supporting assets for Asset Solutions and contract activities for HSE matters, both onshore and offshore
• Develops, champions, and monitors an annual HSE improvement plan and contract objectives aligned with Petrofac and clients.
• Actively participate in company initiatives and campaigns. Supports contract implementation of these internally and externally.
• Actively supports the development of and maintenance of safe methods of working from planning through to execution.
• Acts as a focal point for specific task procedures and interface documents. Supports the review and update of these procedures.
• Supports the development, review, and execution of work-packs to ensure HS&E issues are built in from the planning stage to execution.
• Undertakes Regular site visits, monitoring activities and processes, meeting staff, and providing briefings.
• Undertakes and improves HSE inductions for employees joining the Company: ensure that a clear understanding of Brownfield risks is built within inductions.
• Develop and improve robust HS&E risk management processes to engineer out and mitigate hazards and risks.
• Work with the team to ensure that suitable and sufficient documentation is in place that meets Petrofac standards and legal obligations.
• Represent the Company to Clients and Subcontractors
• Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with client HSE representatives and Petrofac personnel: specifically representative staff; to ensure a safety working environment.
• Actively engages with workforce through site visits, mobilization briefings and conference calls.
• Attending Company and Client HSE meetings and promotes Petrofac HSE systems and standards at these.
• Lead Incident investigations and seek to resolve and close out actions arising.
• Investigate and review near misses and incidents to identify root causes and actions to prevent recurrence.
• Support the leadership team in trending and lessons learnt.
• Investigates and reviews issues identified from Occupational Health surveillance.
• Uses the processes of active monitoring including the review of data to identify and develop actions that address trends and shares to drive good practice.
• Prepare reports and statistics for contracts for internal and external reporting.
• Conduct audits and participate in active monitoring and safety tours to identify areas of non-compliance, areas of improvement and best practice which can be shared across the company including Vendor Assessments processes for new vendors.
• Participate in 3rd Party audits and inspections such as Clients & government.
• Be part of the Brownfield leadership team.
• Lead the Asset solutions HSE Team, sharing activities and supporting other team members.
• Participate in Emergency Response Team duty rotes and advise client on ER matters.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• Relevant qualification in a safety related discipline, with NEBOSH certificate or equivalent qualification desirable
• Be able to travel to all remote sites.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to liaise with all levels within Petrofac and Client organizations and proven track record of developing relationships.
• Ability to understand engineering and construction plans and processes and evaluate and communicate risk.
• A strong team player with a strong proactive nature
• Ability to use initiative and work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to supervise a small team.
• Previous experience as an HSE Lead within a construction and engineering team environment is preferred.
• Inspection and audit experience of Safety & Environmental Management System (SEMS).