Do you have the drive and technical capability to work with us as an Associate Director or Associate in Planning and Environmental Consent team, delivering the future of AtkinsRéalis ' environmental international service offerings and capability? You can join a respected technical team and help maintain and grow our reputation for innovation and award-winning technical excellence, while working collaboratively to both win and deliver work across our extensive client portfolio. We have a deep-rooted passion for protecting natural capital and supporting our clients in meeting pressing challenges including climate change and biodiversity loss, and this is an exceptionally exciting time for you to join us.Our company:
AtkinsRéalis business is one of the world's most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies, with over 50,000 employees worldwide. At AtkinsRéalis , we offer more than just a job. We offer an opportunity to make a difference and shape the world to benefit future generations and the natural environment. Our friendly, collaborative, and supportive working environment is a great space to further develop your technical skills, build your career, and work with great people with a shared purpose.Our team:
You will be joining our growing Planning and Environmental Consent team, part of our exciting and inclusive Environment practice. The role will sit within our Environmental Assessment and Management group, with the opportunity to work across multiple sectors and with our other businesses prevalently internationally, in Middle East, Europe Africa, Asia. We develop and use state of the art approaches and our innovative in-house tools to support our clients providing environmental and social impact assessments (ESIA), due diligences (ESDD), and management systems (ESMS), BAT assessments, environmental/sustainability risk assessments, supporting stakeholder consultation, and alternatives appraisal. You will work in multi-disciplinary and multi-national team, working for a broad range of public and private clients.
Our team offers a unique blend of skills, comprising experts in environmental and social sciences, environmental economics, and spatial analysis, with an ambitious strategy for continuous innovation and expanding our capability. We enjoy working collaboratively with our colleagues across the company to deliver projects that bring about real change, drawing on experts from specialist teams such as biodiversity and air quality to deliver our work.
We work for a broad spectrum of clients across the UK and overseas, including central and local government, International Financial Institutions, utilities, regulators, the water industry, private estates, developers, and NGOs.Role location: Epsom, London (hybrid).What we're looking for:
We are seeking an enthusiastic and ambitious individual to join our Planning and Environmental Consent team, contributing to a wide range of projects across the Environment business, including in water management, climate adaptation, sustainable finance, nature-based carbon removals, habitat restoration, environmental planning, and designing future-ready cities. You will have the opportunity to work alongside award-winning national experts in natural capital, biodiversity net gain and nature-based solutions.
Our current vacancy is for a Associate Director or Associate position in Epsom, London, Bristol, Oxford, and Birmingham, although consideration will be given to exceptional candidates in other locations.Responsibilities:
You will play a pivotal and leading role in securing and delivering AtkinsRéalis ' international environmental services, managing multi-disciplinary teams. Responsibilities will include:
- Champion high standards of environmental performance within multidisciplinary engineering projects, influencing project development and delivering optimal environmental outcomes.
- Identify, develop, and pursue new business and marketing opportunities including leading or supporting on tenders and framework bids and develop new areas of business for the team.
- Develop client network and collaborate with colleagues across AtkinsRéalis to generate opportunities to provide environmental services and win work.
- Manage project inputs from a range of disciplines working across Atkins, Faithful + Gould and SNC Lavalin and our wider consultant network.
- Manage client communication, reporting and stakeholder engagement.
- Develop and maintain relationships across the organisation to ensure we position ourselves well within the market, assemble technically excellent project teams and deliver high quality quantitative analysis and written work.
- Financial management of projects.
- Provide mentoring to junior staff to help the team develop their capabilities. Collate, review, and edit information from a range of sources to provide clear, well written reports.
- Competently undertake own work to an excellent standard, and review the work of others, on time and to budget.
- Able to manage clients' needs in a confident, professional manner.
You will be an Environmental Engineer, Scientist or Economist, preferably chartered, who has demonstrable experience in providing ESIA, ESDD according to international standards (e.g., IFC Performance Standards, EBRD Performance Requirements) to International Financing Institutions and the private sectors. Some experience of multi-disciplinary project delivery is desirable, as environmental economics will often be an input into a wider project.
You will be self-motivated, flexible, and enthusiastic, as well as having:
What we offer?
- Technical expertise in a broad range of environment and social matters, sustainable development, and management systems.
- Significant experience in understating and addressing environmental and social risks and impacts of infrastructure projects e.g., the transport infrastructure, urban development, energy, and extractive sectors.
- Leader, key expert, or project manager on international ESIA and ESDD according to international standards.
- Understanding clients' needs and balancing them with lenders, regulatory, and stakeholder requirements and local context, to successfully obtain planning/financing.
- International Development and Cooperation experience.
- Strong organisational skills, an ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and to deadlines.
- Excellent collaborative working skills to ensure we get the best from our working relationships with internal and external client teams.
- Attention to detail and desire to work to high standards consistently.
AtkinsRéalis recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements. As part of this commitment, we understand the need for a diverse and flexible workforce, where a work-life balance is important. So, by default AtkinsRéalis offers flexible working, where there is no fixed 9 'till 5, no need for a 5-day week, no requirement for a full-time contract, and no requirement to spend all your working time in the office.Rewards and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary that is regularly tested against other consultants with a default 25-days leave each year plus bank holidays and options to buy some or sell of that leave. Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
New name, new era. We are AtkinsRéalis. It will take some time for all our information to update - you can still refer to our fantastic benefits via the link below:
YourReward at SNC-Lavalin (snclavalin.com).Training:
AtkinsRéalis is committed to developing its people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual's abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.Additional Information:This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. The vetting process is delivered by United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) and may require candidates to provide proof of residency in the UK of 5 years or longer. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.#LI-INFRASTRUCTURE | #LI-UK Worker Type
At AtkinsRéalis, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.