Faculty transforms organisational performance through safe, impactful and human-led AI.
We are Europe's leading applied AI company, and saw its potential a decade ago - long before the current hype cycle.
We founded in 2014 with our Fellowship programme, training academics to become commercial data scientists.
Today, we provide over 300 global customers with industry-leading software, and bespoke AI consultancy for retail, healthcare, energy, and governmental organisations, as well as our award winning Fellowship.
Our expertise and safety credentials are such that OpenAI asked us to be their first technical partner, helping customers deploy cutting-edge generative AI safely.
Our high-impact work has saved lives through forecasting NHS demand during covid, produced green energy by routing boats towards the wind, slashed marketing spend by predicting customer spending habits, and kept children safe online.
AI is an epoch-defining technology. We want people to join us who can help our customers reap its enormous benefits safely.What you'll be doing
As an Engagement Manager you will be focused on serving the needs of our customers to apply Al to real-world problems. You can expect high levels of delivery responsibility, customer exposure, and business development from day one, as well as the opportunity to contribute to our growth plans.
From a commercial perspective, you will help design, deliver, and scale cutting edge solutions that enable the energy transition, combat climate change, and build a more sustainable future. From a technical perspective, you will be immersed in applied artificial intelligence techniques through your work, working closely with Data Scientists, Machine Learning Engineers, as well as Product Designers and Front-end Engineers.
You will be a core member of high performing project teams. You will play a role across all aspects of our work, and will take day-to-day responsibility for defining and leading the delivery of projects. The specific responsibilities will vary but examples include:
- Project management. You will own end-to-end project delivery from structuring project plans, to managing product development, and ensuring our delivery approach brings maximum value to the customer. You will be responsible for working with customers and technical teams, and ensuring that projects run smoothly on a day-to-day basis.
- Problem solving. You will work with technical teams to design smart ways of helping customers solve their business problems across a wide range of different disciplines and sectors.
- Owning customer relationships. You will be the primary point of contact for our customers during projects and will be responsible for ensuring that our projects meet their objectives, and that day-to-day communications are smooth and well-planned.
- Business development. You will lead research and due diligence into new commercial opportunities and contribute to the preparation and delivery of new business pitches and proposals.
- Product management. You will work with product designers and engineers to develop solutions which fit into customer workflows and support their business needs on an ongoing basis.
- People development. You will be responsible for the management and development of your peers - both of more junior team members, and those with different areas of expertise.
- Research. You will conduct qualitative and quantitative research in a wide variety of fields that are relevant to our work (for example, how advances in deployed machine learning are disrupting a given sector).
This is a role with significant opportunities for progression. We expect Engagement Managers to learn quickly, and we commit to supporting their development. There will be opportunities to take on responsibility for business development and the delivery of projects from an early stage.Who you are
What we can offer you
- Experience: Mid-level experience in professional services, ideally from a consulting, technology or data background.
- Client communication: Be highly credible and versatile in dealing with senior stakeholders, with exceptional written and verbal communication skills, particularly for communicating technical details and business impact to our customers.
- Project management: Have experience working with, and managing a team of people with varied backgrounds and expertise. You need to prioritise tasks effectively across a project team, whether that involves working with senior directors, the technical team, or coaching our associates.
- Technical aptitude: Have experience of working with technical teams and delivering technical projects. While our data scientists will own the technical solution, you will need sufficient understanding of the art of the possible in applied Al. Required to determine the feasibility and value that an application or project could bring. You don't have to be an expert on day one, but we expect you to have the aptitude and commitment to develop the necessary subject matter expertise.
- Business development: Be able to talk persuasively about how Al and data can be used to solve problems, and able to think creatively about how these can be applied to a particular customer's needs.
- Delivery excellence: Be focused on customer value, taking responsibility for ensuring the successful delivery of your projects and owning development of high-quality written deliverables and reports.
- Problem solving: Be a practical problem solver, with the ability to come up with novel ways of solving problems, which often have not been solved before.
- Self-starter: An ability to quickly understand what needs to be done, and proactively identify and implement solutions to address that. Be that on your projects, or internal to our business.
The Faculty team is diverse and distinctive, and we all come from different personal, professional and organisational backgrounds. We all have one thing in common: we are driven by a deep intellectual curiosity that powers us forward each day. This curiosity pushes us to seek truth and understanding in everything we do, to execute work in a nimble and pragmatic manner, to foster talent in one another and always to challenge assumptions.
Faculty is the professional challenge of a lifetime. You'll be surrounded by an impressive group of brilliant minds working to achieve our collective goals. Our consultants, product developers, business development specialists, operations professionals and more all bring something unique to Faculty, and you'll learn something new from everyone you meet. You'll also have the opportunity to make your mark on a high-growth start-up now poised to expand internationally.
Fostering talent is one of our core values, it's built into our culture and what we offer. Faculty was founded by people who are passionate about continuous learning, and adding value to our people.Some of our benefits.....
- Unlimited holidays: We encourage each other to use this time to take a break, work on personal projects, or to spend time with their friends and family.
- Genuinely flexible working: We believe people have needs, responsibilities and interests that require something different to a strict working day. We trust people to organise and take accountability for their own work and do our best to support their lives outside Faculty. We provide you with all you need to work from home, including a laptop, keyboard, chair...even Sony headphones!
- Equity: We want you to benefit from Faculty's growth and success.
- Fantastic private health, optical and dental insurance for you & optional for your family - including 24/7 unlimited virtual private GP appointments and covering pre-existing medical conditions.
- Access to mental health coaching with Sanctus
- Daily breakfast, weekly lunches, and more fruit, drinks and snacks than you could ever eat (for office-based employees).
- We work hard and make sure we enjoy what we do. So we have frequent socials and informal get-togethers to help make sure you enjoy your time with us. You'll make friends and professional connections that will last a lifetime.