We are hiring an Environmental & Risk Manager to be field based, working across our Operation Centres.
This role is part of the Performance Management, Quality and Audit Team, which works across Copart to ensure the business is working efficiently and effectively to deliver a quality service. It is responsible for continuous improvement activities, to ensure compliance is adhered to, performance targets are achieved and service is constantly evaluated and improved.
The Environmental & Risk Manager will provide support to the Head of Performance Management, Quality and Audit in the delivery, monitoring, management and continual improvement of the Environmental & Risk Management Systems, in order to maintain certification to ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and ISO 31000 Risk Management.
They will have responsibility for the development of the EMS and ensure compliance across all 18 UK sites, including Copart facilities, U-Pull-It sites, and various office facilities.
Working closely with management, they will implement Environmental and Risk initiatives, policies and procedures and improve employee engagement in Environmental & Risk management.
This role works alongside the Health and Safety Team and therefore knowledge of Health and Safety would be beneficial.
You would be supporting the business in working towards a Net Zero strategy, as part of our commitment to reduce our impact on the environment through the development and implementation of a Net Zero roadmap.
What we need from you:
- Minimum of HND
- Experience of ISO14001:2015 standard
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar role and an enthusiasm for Environmental standards and compliance
- Evidence of supporting continuous business improvement and delivering high performance standards
- A hands-on approach and to lead by example
- Great problem-solving skills
- To be comfortable working independently, as well as part of a team
What we offer you in return:
- 23 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Plus an additional day per year to celebrate a special occasion and a further paid day to volunteer for a charity of your choice
- Medicash Cover - look after you and your family by providing a range of positive health care benefits
- Contributory workplace pension plan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Life Assurance cover
- The ability to purchase shares in our successful global company at a discounted rate
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out, and utility bills for the home
Copart are an equal opportunity employer, proudly hiring a diverse workforce. Discrimination is expressly forbidden and we therefore kindly welcome all applications.Other details
- Pay Type Salary
- Hiring Rate £42,000.00