We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, knowledgeable lead BREEAM Assessor with solid experience in delivering consultancy services in the built environment.
This is a really exciting opportunity to lead and grow the BREEAM and environmental certifications service in a successful business.
AtkinsRéalis is an international company with great strength and a culture of progression. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and assessment of our staff, we're dedicated to providing cutting-edge expertise. Join us and you'll benefit from a development programme designed to ensure your career objectives are met in full.
The Strategic Asset Management business within AtkinsRéalis, part of the Akins Group, is a leading provider of sustainability, low carbon and renewable energy services within the UK. We provide a range of services to large UK private and public sector clients including rating tools (BREEAM, HQM, SKA, Well Building etc); energy efficiency and carbon management services; and post-occupancy evaluation and building performance - through to broader sustainability strategy services.
Your permanent location will be our London offices with a flexible working policy, and the role may include travel to clients' offices/ sites throughout the UK.Why apply to this role?
What will you be doing?The role will typically include:
- Great salary.
- Fantastic career progression.
- Investment in you through developing a bespoke training plan.
- Flexible Working.
- High profile projects.
- Supportive team culture.
- Managing BREEAM assessments from feasibility stage through to project completion.
- Producing and updating environmental certification trackers.
- Provide delivery support and assist in mentoring others in the team.
- Providing advice to clients/ design teams on the most cost-effective and beneficial route to BREEAM compliance.
- Identifying potential clients, discussing needs and preparing bid documents.
- Interact with other members of the business and external clients at all levels.
- Facilitating workshops with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Writing pre-assessment and progress reports.
- Managing resources, deliverables and budgets on projects.
- Providing technical sustainability support to clients in a wide range of areas including; sustainability strategies, renewable feasibility studies, building performance, whole life carbon assessments.
Why work for AtkinsRéalis?
- Qualified BREEAM assessor (preferably BREEAM Advisory Professional).
- Individual has worked on multiple BREEAM assessments with few years of BREEAM assessor experience.
- Experience of working with design teams on a range of private and public sector projects.
- Comfortable and experience in leading workshops and client meetings.
- Preferable: BSc or MSc in a related field (e.g., Geography, renewable energy, engineering).
- Good understanding of building design and services.
- Ability to build and maintain strong business relationships with internal and external clients.
- A team player who is enthusiastic and keen to share knowledge.
- Competent in Microsoft Office and Windows applications (Experience with Tracker Plus would be preferable).
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to be flexible and to be able to multi-task and prioritise when necessary.
- High level of energy with lots of drive and enthusiasm.
- Candidates may be expected to attain an appropriate level of UK security clearance.
Join our Project & Programme Services team and expand your career on some of the industry's most exciting and newsworthy construction projects - from Sizewell C to the world's tallest hotel, London's Heathrow Airport to Europe's first eco-friendly mosque. You'll enjoy invaluable exposure to international expertise as well as innovation in local niche areas. Communities are at the heart of our work and our people are proud to be working towards a Net Zero Carbon future and regenerating cities across the UK.
AtkinsRéalis is committed to developing its people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual's abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
https://careers.atkinsrealis.com/Meeting your needs:
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview, and we'll discuss any adjustments you might need.
New name, new era. We are AtkinsRéalis. It will take some time for all our information to update - you can still refer to our fantastic benefits via the link below:
https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/Additional Information:This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. The vetting process is delivered by United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) and may require candidates to provide proof of residency in the UK of 5 years or longer. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences. SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy.
SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as "SNC-Lavalin") are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.