Evolito's mission is to accelerate the adoption of electric propulsion in aerospace applications in support of a net-zero world. We will help to revolutionise personal mobility and transform our towns and cities with clean, noise-free air transportation.
Evolito develops and manufactures class-leading, lightweight, high-power, and high-torque-density electric propulsion systems for a range of aerospace markets, including EVTOL, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles and General Aviation.
As well as ultra-high performance, low-weight electric motors and controllers, Evolito specialises in high integrity, bespoke battery systems for the aerospace and defence markets. The team is scaling rapidly and has ambitious growth plans over the next twelve to eighteen months.
We are looking for an Health, Safety and Environment Advisor to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the company complies with all relevant health, safety and environmental regulations, including identifying areas of non-compliance or opportunities to reduce risk, creating solutions and advising on company policies, procedures, legal obligations and training whilst coordinating all Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) issues and raising awareness.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Conducting HSE inspections, risk assessments and compliance audits in line with the business strategy, and supporting effective close out of any actions arising
- Writing of HSE standards/procedures for inclusion within a safety and environmental management system
- Demonstrable experience in monitoring and analysis of an HSE management system performance
- Initiating and maintaining positive and pro-active measures to raise the level of HSE awareness and performance across the company
- Maintaining a high level of knowledge and expertise in all areas of compliance in order to provide appropriate advice and support
- Providing managers and employees with information on legislative and corporate compliance, advising on ways of meeting statutory requirements and Corporate HSE Policies, HSE guidance and codes of practice
- Initiate and lead an HSE committee to review audits, the implementation of HSE policies, working practices, safety procedures
- Interface with regulatory authorities and insurers on key matters such as fire risk assessment and certification, emergency planning and safety improvement plans.
- Oversee all HSE training to help our employees meet compliance and raise HSE responsibility.
Skills and experience required:
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent
- Strong knowledge and experience of auditing and membership of the IIRSM
- Demonstrable experience in delivering effective health and safety management within an engineering/manufacturing environment
- Experience in conducting accident investigation and health and safety inspections/audits
- A flexible approach to work with the desire to thrive in a dynamic, fast-moving environment
- Ability to operate under own initiative and, on occasion, with limited information
- Effectivecommunication skills (both written and verbal), good collaboration skills, and the ability to work effectively across teams
- Organised and self-motivated with the determination to succeed
- Willingness to travel as required
- Previous experience in a similar role, preferably working within a manufacturing environment
Are you Evolito?
Apply now for immediate consideration.