Job DescriptionShaping a smarter, more sustainable world.
Are you ready to take up a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects? How about joining our talented team, where everyone has a voice, and together we face our clients' problems head-on. As a global multi-disciplinary consultancy, our Aerospace, Defence, Security and Technology (ADS&T) Division is at the leading edge of delivering sustainable systems and resilience engineering. AtkinsRéalis offers a range of independent and unbiased advice in engineering, technical and strategic advisory services to a wide breadth of markets and clients, and our growing team embraces the principles of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, within a vibrant workplace and where world-class talent knows no distinctions. People join us because they share a desire to be at the forefront of the ADS&T Division and deliver outstanding projects.
We empower our people to be the professional individuals they want to be, working on projects they feel proud of, making a difference to the world they live in and the legacy they leave behind. In ADS&T's Resilience Engineering Practice, we are helping to make our world safe, secure and sustainable, whilst solving the engineering challenges of the future.
We are looking for Senior Environmental Consultants
who have self-motivation and enthusiasm, a willingness to learn and develop new skills, and able to deliver technical excellence across our different markets. Your attributes should include possessing the professional characteristics and softer skills required in a consultancy business, and the ability to produce expert solutions for our customers.What you will be doing:
Your engagements will be consulting-led, focused on understanding our customers' businesses, building trust, winning work and providing Environmental expertise across the spectrum of people, process and technology, covering strategic and advisory through to developing environmental management systems. To be successful in this role you need to:
What you can bring:
- Assess the potential environmental impact of procurement projects and operations, develop environmental arguments for novel and complex systems and develop policy and environmental management systems.
- Knowledge and experience of working with environmental assessment methodologies such as Sustainability Appraisal, BREEAM or DREAM.
- Have the ability to work independently and interact with customers, while working on multiple projects concurrently.
- Develop and drive innovative solutions to customer problems, drawing on your skills and best practice from the many domains.
- Prepare detailed technical reports and present the findings of environmental work to both internal and external customers.
- Contributing to the development of the environmental capability within AtkinsRéalis Defence business.
- Understanding customer requirements, developing technical approaches, planning and management of activities and assurance of the outputs.
- Build successful working relationships with team members, key customers and stakeholders that improves the value of our Environmental services, seeking out future business opportunities and managing these through to new work.
Candidates will be knowledgeable, enthusiastic and conscientious individuals who have relevant experience developing and implementing Environmental and Sustainable solutions in complex built asset environments, such as in the Defence, Energy, Utilities or Transportation sectors.Essential criteria:
- BSc (Hons) or BEng in an Environmental Discipline or equivalent environmental experience.
- Knowledge of environmental legislation and standards applicable to the defence domain.
- Knowledge and understanding of Environmental Management Systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Some experience of working within Defence, Aerospace or other relevant sectors.
- Flexibility over travel throughout the UK.
- A proven track record in applying environmental legislation & standards and clearly and concisely explaining the implications to customers' activities.
- BREEAM or DREAM Assessor, with experience of implementation.
- Experience of conducting environmental impact studies / risk assessments and producing all associated reports and documentation.
- Experience of creating and maintaining environmental management systems.
- Demonstrable project management skills.
- Demonstrable experience of managing environment programmes and implementing environmental management systems.
- Chartered status or working towards it.
- Environmental-related MSc.
The Aerospace, Defence, Security and Technology (ADS&T) Division of AtkinsRéalis, it is at the leading edge of delivering Resilience Engineering and Sustainable Critical Systems through our technical excellence and engineering principles supporting multi-disciplinary and industry domains. Our clients are demanding support in a variety of both traditional and pioneering areas, in which we provide holistic services, requiring a diverse range of experience with an understanding of engineering in the broadest sense, whilst increasingly considering digital twins, machine learning, artificial intelligence and big data analytics to name but a few. Our growing teams provide a range of independent and unbiased advice in engineering, technical and strategic advisory services to a wide breadth of markets and clients. You will have the opportunity to inspire and be inspired by colleagues in offices across the UK and the globe.Why work for AtkinsRéalis?
People join us because they share a desire to be at the forefront of the ADS&T Business Unit and deliver outstanding projects. We empower our people to be the professional individuals they want to be, working on projects they feel proud of, making a difference to the world they live in and the legacy they leave behind.
We value diversity and believe that everyone deserves to thrive, without exception. We have signed the MoD's "Women in Defence" and "Women in Aviation and Aerospace" charters. These pledges include providing opportunities for women to succeed at all levels. We're also committed to being a Military friendly employer and have been recognised with the Ministry of Defence's (MoD) Gold Employer Recognition Award.
We develop individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house as well as external training for all our staff.Meeting your needs:
When you start with us, you'll enjoy "Total Reward"
, a package that can be tailored to your lifestyle, career and personal needs. From flexible holidays to life assurance, health & wellbeing benefits, and career planning for the senior stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk about any adjustments you might need.New name, new era. We are AtkinsRéalis. It will take some time for all our information to update - you can still refer to our fantastic benefits via the link below:
YourReward at SNC-Lavalin (snclavalin.com).More about us:
AtkinsRéalis, is a top global consultancy with over 100 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
AtkinsRéalis, is where UK professionals want to work and stay once they join. We're also a Silver Rating holder in the Aerospace & Defence sector, as per the Financial Times rating of the UK's leading management consultants.
Check out some of our recent, most exciting projects.Additional Information:This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. The vetting process is delivered by United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) and may require candidates to provide proof of residency in the UK of 5 years or longer. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.#LI-ADST | #LI-UKWorker Type
At AtkinsRéalis, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.