Faculty transforms organisational performance through safe, impactful and human-led AI.
We are Europe's leading applied AI company, and saw its potential a decade ago - long before the current hype cycle.
We founded in 2014 with our Fellowship programme, training academics to become commercial data scientists.
Today, we provide over 300 global customers with industry-leading software, and bespoke AI consultancy for retail, healthcare, energy, and governmental organisations, as well as our award winning Fellowship.
Our expertise and safety credentials are such that OpenAI asked us to be their first technical partner, helping customers deploy cutting-edge generative AI safely.
Our high-impact work has saved lives through forecasting NHS demand during covid, produced green energy by routing boats towards the wind, slashed marketing spend by predicting customer spending habits, and kept children safe online.
AI is an epoch-defining technology. We want people to join us who can help our customers reap its enormous benefits safely.What you'll be doing:
As a Senior Manager, you will be joining the Energy Transition and Environment (ETE) commercial team at Faculty, supporting both sales and delivery. The ETE team works with organisations to embed cutting-edge Al into the way they work and solve their hardest problems. Your responsibilities are to:
- Oversee delivery across a portfolio of projects, as the senior point of contact for the client and Faculty teams day to day. You'll know when to stay close or step back, pre-empt and manage risks and support Faculty teams to deliver our work to the highest level of quality.
- Ensure the quality of client deliverables, lead communications and ongoing scope management. Data science and Al is necessarily experimental, you'll be responsible for guiding clients through projects constantly balancing scope to maximise client value while ensuring sustainability of delivery for teams and margins.
- Manage and support account growth, by staying close to the priorities of customers, entrepreneurially identifying opportunities and supporting business development activities with the Business Development Director.
- Build trusted relationships. You are comfortable working with senior stakeholders, building trust through delivery excellence and an increasing mastery of how Al can be put to work to solve our customers' hardest problems.
Who we are looking for:
- Help build the business unit, by taking a proactive role in developing good processes and practices that develop the ETE team and help us deliver on our objectives.
- Support the development of individuals in Faculty's delivery team-providing coaching on areas for improvement and opportunities to develop as to maximise their potential.
- Have 7+ years experience of successful technology delivery, with significant domain expertise in the Energy sector, in particular related to renewable generation and clean technology. You are likely from a top-tier consulting, technology or data background.
- Client communication: Be highly credible in dealing with senior stakeholders, with exceptional verbal communication skills, and the ability to boil down complicated concepts to their essence.
- Leadership: Have experience in leading project teams to successful outcomes, not just by directing, but also coaching team members to make the right decisions.
- Project management: Demonstrate success in delivering highly complex and nuanced technical programmes, which require juggling multiple internal and client teams across varied departments and disciplines.
- Technical aptitude: Have experience of working with technical teams and delivering technical projects with some (but not exhaustive) technical understanding.
- Business development: Be able to talk persuasively about how Al and data can be used to solve problems, and be able to guide clients creatively on how these can be applied to a particular customer's needs. Experience in proposition development and elements of sales is desirable.
- Self-starter: Have an ability to quickly understand what needs to be done in situations with high ambiguity, and proactively identify and implement solutions to address that.
We encourage you to apply if you think that you meet most, but not all, of the requirements.What we can offer you
The Faculty team is diverse and distinctive, and we all come from different personal, professional and organisational backgrounds. We all have one thing in common: we are driven by a deep intellectual curiosity that powers us forward each day. This curiosity pushes us to seek truth and understanding in everything we do, to execute work in a nimble and pragmatic manner, to foster talent in one another and always to challenge assumptions.
Faculty is the professional challenge of a lifetime. You'll be surrounded by an impressive group of brilliant minds working to achieve our collective goals. Our consultants, product developers, business development specialists, operations professionals and more all bring something unique to Faculty, and you'll learn something new from everyone you meet. You'll also have the opportunity to make your mark on a high-growth start-up now poised to expand internationally.
Fostering talent is one of our core values, it's built into our culture and what we offer. Faculty was founded by people who are passionate about continuous learning, and adding value to our people.Some of our benefits.....
- Unlimited holidays: We encourage each other to use this time to take a break, work on personal projects, or to spend time with their friends and family.
- Genuinely flexible working: We believe people have needs, responsibilities and interests that require something different to a strict working day. We trust people to organise and take accountability for their own work and do our best to support their lives outside Faculty. We provide you with all you need to work from home, including a laptop, keyboard, chair...even Sony headphones!
- Equity: We want you to benefit from Faculty's growth and success.
- Fantastic private health, optical and dental insurance for you & optional for your family - including 24/7 unlimited virtual private GP appointments and covering pre-existing medical conditions.
- Access to mental health coaching with Sanctus
- Daily breakfast, weekly lunches, and more fruit, drinks and snacks than you could ever eat (for office-based employees).
- We work hard and make sure we enjoy what we do. So we have frequent socials and informal get-togethers to help make sure you enjoy your time with us. You'll make friends and professional connections that will last a lifetime.