LOCATION - LONDON, BELFAST, LEEDS or MANCHESTER
Tetra Tech Europe is an industry leading multi-national and multi-disciplinary consultancy. We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Sustainability Consultant to become part of our expanding sustainable design team at Tetra Tech. We are looking for candidates to be based out of our London, Belfast, Leeds or Manchester office, with flexible working on offer in line with our hybrid working policy.
We are looking for a talented and motivated individual who wants to progress their career with a growing global consultancy, working on challenging and often ground-breaking projects. We have a considerable pipeline of work across sectors including urban regeneration, government and defence, infrastructure, transport, energy, nuclear, marine and coastal. You will have the opportunity to engage and learn from a vast range of technical experts across our environmental, planning, sustainability, engineering, project management and other disciplines.
The UK Environment, Sustainability & Planning (ES&P) team is expanding, and the Sustainability & Climate Resilience team is going from strength to strength - with vast expertise from across the existing, established teams and a commitment to recruit new talent to enhance our skills in sustainability, decarbonisation and net zero.
Working with the Director - Sustainability, Energy & Utilities - you will join 185 environmental colleagues within the UK and will receive training, support and mentoring to develop your sustainability, engineering, project management and leadership skills in line with your chosen career path.
If you are driven to work in sustainability and motivated to make a difference, we encourage you to reach out to us. Become an integral part of our mission to shape a sustainable future, by working collaboratively with colleagues, clients and partners.
• Manage key client accounts, support the strategic growth and direction of the team and contribute to the development of our project portfolio
• Day-to-day client interface
• Net Zero, ESG, Sustainability, Circular Economy strategy development
• Management and technical delivery of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions studies
• Carbon based foot printing and consumption studies
• Life-cycle and circular economy assessments
• Formal GHG reporting e.g., SECR, TCFD
• Baseline assessment, data gathering and reporting
• Scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions monitoring
• Technoeconomic analysis
• Concept and feasibility studies - hydrogen, CCUS, renewables
• Due Diligence - renewables, CCUS, hydrogen
• Climate change impact assessment
• Climate change risk analysis
• Assessment of future climate change and resilience scenarios
• Adaption and resilience strategy
• Management Systems ISO 14001 & 50001
Please note that, as we are recruiting for multiple positions, it is not expected that you will have expertise in all the listed skills. You will be expected to have strengths in some but will be willing to gain experience in others.
• A Bachelor's or Masters degree in chemical/ process engineering, environmental science or a related discipline
• Experience in a consultancy environment delivering sustainability related work, particularly carbon foot printing, carbon reduction strategy development and implementation
• Experience of voluntary and mandatory carbon reporting
• Relevant experience in decarbonisation, net zero carbon strategies, CCUS, hydrogen and renewables.
• Sound understanding of UK and Northern Irish policy and regulatory regimes
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills, with an ability to conduct energy and carbon calculations and prepare models, manage and interpret data to inform effective decision making
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the desire and ability to foster good working relationships with colleagues and clients
• Excellent client coaching skills, with experience of liaising with, engaging and presenting to a range of stakeholders
• A good track record of writing and managing tenders and projects and writing high quality reports and presentations
• The successful candidate must be willing to travel and must have a valid driver's licence
• Willingness to apply for security clearance
About Tetra Tech:
We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
We offer a competitive salary, contributory pension, health cover and a range of flexible benefits including retail vouchers, travel insurance and variable holiday (renewable annually). We promote flexible working and are open to discussing the possibility of reduced hours, remote working, flexible start and finish times, compressed hours, or potential job shares.
We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy / maternity.