You will become a member of a busy team delivering work for our growing key client base, with emphasis on technical excellence, client care and effective project management. You will be working alongside other land contamination, environmental due diligence, ground investigation, groundwater and geotechnical specialists to deliver holistic solutions to clients' needs in these areas. Additionally, you will collaborate with geo-environmental teams in other offices and with other specialists in the planning, environment and engineering teams.
Key attributes required for the position are sound technical knowledge, enthusiasm, self-motivation and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The role will require travel, principally within England, but there may also be occasional requirements to support other regional offices within the UK. Overnight stays will be required and could be 1-2 weeks at a time (occasionally longer for larger projects). As a guide, 50% of the role will be office based, but this may vary as workload dictates.
• You will hold a degree in geology, engineering geology, hydrogeology or relevant environmental science discipline. Whilst not essential, it would be beneficial for you to have a post graduate qualification such as a Master's degree. You should also be working towards Chartership with a relevant body, such as The Geological Society, CIWEM or IEMA.
• You must have experience of, and be confident in, managing and supervising ground investigation on site, including groundwater and ground gas monitoring, and have the skills and knowledge to interpret data.
• You must be able to produce Phase 1 geo-environmental reports incorporating Preliminary Risk Assessments, Phase 2 factual reports and be able to contribute to interpretative reporting.
• You must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be fully IT literate as you will be required to write clear, concise and technically robust reports.
• You must have a good understanding of health, safety and environmental management, as applied to ground investigation.
• You must have a full, preferably clean, driving license.
• You will be a team player with strong social, interpersonal and communication skills.
The following are desirable, but not essential and suitable training will be provided and paid for by Tetra Tech, where necessary:
• CAT & Genny trained, First Aid trained, water hygiene card holder, Highways Passport holder, SSSTS/SMSTS.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting www.tetratecheurope.com/careers
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratecheurope.com. To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter on the Careers section of our website.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tetra Tech positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, or parental leave.
We are very happy to discuss flexible working for this role, including the possibility of reduced hours, flexible start and finish times, or compressed hours. We can offer a range of solutions to help you to get the most out of your work / life balance.