Job DescriptionKick Start your Career with GHD!We are looking for exceptional Graduate Environmental Consultants to join our 2023 Global Graduate Programme
Are you looking for an opportunity to develop a career as a Graduate Environmental Consultant?About GHD
Let's start with our vision: water, energy and urbanisation made sustainable for generations to come.
With more than 11,000 people around the globe GHD is a leading engineering, architecture and environmental consulting firm. With our vision to make water, energy and urbanisation sustainable for generations to come, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future.
Our people are invested in the future and share a passion for outstanding results. As our group continues to grow, we are looking for talented graduates to join our UK teams to deliver engineering, design, and consultancy solutions to our clients across all sectors. Graduate Development at GHD
The Graduate Development Program is an integrated approach to developing future leaders and technical specialists.
During the program, you will learn about our business and our values, your team, and most importantly, yourself. You will develop your decision-making, communication, technical and leadership skills. We offer mentoring and a variety of development activities, providing on the job experience and exposure to a diverse range of projects, as well as support towards gaining chartered status within your Engineering field.About the Position
Based in Nottingham, York, London or Newcastle we have a great opportunity for a graduate to join our expanding Environment team. You will provide input on delivery of projects, expanding the capability in the region and supporting the ongoing activities of a leading multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy.
GHD's UK Environment team supports clients operating across most industrial sectors, addressing a variety of environmental issues, including:
- Contamination assessment and remediation
- Development planning and consents
- Environmental impact assessment
- Environmental permitting and compliance
- Ecology and ecosystems services
- Water quality and resource management
- Air and noise quality
- Water quality and resource management
- Environmental management systems
You would be part of the Contamination Assessment and Remediation Team and would be able to work across multiple technical disciplines as workload demands, on a journey to become a well-rounded environmental consultant.
Working with the Contamination Assessment and Remediation Service Line Coordinator and Service Group Manager with support from the wider team, you will be involved in, and leading, an exciting variety of work, including delivering high standard preliminary, generic quantitative and detailed quantitative risk assessments and designing and undertaking field work to support any or all of our environmental services.Core responsibilities
You are likely to work on a portfolio of different projects and will apply your acquired skills and knowledge in a range of environments. Your role and responsibilities will develop as your knowledge of our business increases, but initially you will be required to:
What you will bring to the team
- Deliver and be accountable for technical assignments such as report writing
- Carry out field-based site investigations, initially under supervision for training purposes
- Draw on your technical knowledge to solve routine problems with guidance from senior team members
- Communicate your progress and deliver reports to other team members and seniors
- Assist with the preparation of proposals for routine projects
- Help develop our business through good client relationships and ensuring client loyalty and repeat work through excellent customer service and delivery.
We are committed to the development of our graduate engineers and consultants. In return we are looking for enthusiastic graduates with a flexible approach and an ability to learn in a leading global consultancy. To join our team, you will:
What we offer
- Have a degree qualification in a relevant discipline
- Be highly numerate with a focus on problem solving and data analysis
- Have strong communication skills and enjoy working in a collaborative environment
- Have excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Have a growing commercial awareness and the capacity to work with a diverse range of clients and projects
- Be an agile learner, actively learning through experimentation and experience and seeking ways to grow and to be challenged
We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.We are committed to the success of our people
which is why we want to create the best employee experience that supports each member through all the stages of their career.
Our commitment to youCommitment
- A competitive salary
- A comprehensive benefits package; medical insurance, income protection, life insurance 25 days holiday with the option to buy an additional 4 weeks.
- Enhanced parental leave
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - cycle to work, discounted gym membership, season ticket loan, discounts on retail and wellbeing classes
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
- Wellbeing resources and tools, and demonstration of our commitment to wellbeing by signing up to the Mental Health at Work Commitment
- Team led flexible working
- Opportunities to grow your skills and shape your career towards technical expertise, developing the market or leading a business or team
- International, multi-cultural team of highly motivated individuals
- An exciting referral program; bring people with you!
is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.Equality, diversity, and inclusion lies at the heart of our team culture
. We operate a flat intellectual hierarchy meaning every voice is heard and has genuine influence. We believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and experience, and we recognise the value this brings our collective team approach to solving challenging client problems.Inclusion
is hugely important to us and we want to ensure every team member can balance work around their unique personal circumstances. We will advocate for your professional development and provide access to formal education through the GHD Business School and practical application through technical delivery.
Please note that for graduate positions, we do not offer sponsorship for work visas or immigration. Candidates must have the legal right to work in the UK to be considered for this role.Interested? Please hit the apply now button.
At GHD we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD aims to provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to gender reassignment, age, disability, religion, or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or race.