Job DescriptionENVIRONMENTAL CONSULTANT (IAP) - OFFSHORE RENEWABLES Future Energy Overview:
Driven by a global network of purpose-driven professionals who live and breathe the Power of Commitment, GHD is actively helping clients and communities navigate the complex and rapidly evolving energy transition. Due to the ongoing success of this initiative, we are currently looking for highly skilled and motivated Environmental Consultant join our dedicated team in harnessing the power of the wind and sea for generations to come. Position Overview:
We are seeking an industry-recognised and highly experienced Environmental Consultant with a proven track record in delivering medium- to large-scale offshore renewables projects. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in providing strategic guidance and technical expertise relating to these projects, enabling project development applications, ensuring compliance with environmental regulations, optimising sustainability practices and enhancing project outcomes in order to pave the way for a greener, brighter tomorrow. Key Responsibilities:
- Identify and pursue opportunities for providing EIA and Approvals for offshore wind projects, and lead and deliver comprehensive environmental impact assessments (EIAs) that appropriately incorporate relevant disciplines, such as marine ecology, impacts on protected areas, underwater noise, and stakeholder concerns.
- Provide strategic advice to project teams on environmental permitting and approvals processes, mitigation strategies, and compliance requirements, ensuring adherence to relevant legislation and guidelines, both nationally (e.g., Planning Inspectorate) and internationally (e.g., Adopted EU law, such as existing Directives).
- Enable close collaboration with cross-functional teams including engineers, planners, and stakeholders to integrate environmental considerations into project design and decision-making.
- Lead stakeholder engagement efforts by facilitating community consultations, addressing concerns, and fostering positive relationships with local communities, regulatory agencies, and NGOs.
- Prepare high-quality reports, documents, and presentations that effectively communicate complex environmental concepts to a range of audiences.
- Stay current with industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies related to offshore wind environmental management, contributing to the continuous improvement of our services.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Marine Biology, Ecology, or related field; Master's degree preferred.
- Extensive proven and industry-recognised experience in environmental consultancy, with a focus on offshore renewables projects.
- In-depth understanding and demonstrated application of the UK offshore wind regulations, guidelines, and permitting processes.
- Strong knowledge of marine ecology, biodiversity conservation, and environmental impact assessment methodologies in order to lead teams undertaking discipline specific delivery.
- Excellent data collection, analysis, and interpretation skills, with proficiency in relevant software tools.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, to engage effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and work efficiently within a collaborative team environment.
- Professional memberships or certifications related to offshore wind environmental management would be advantageous.
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonuses.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plans and more.
- Opportunities for professional development and continuous learning.
- A dynamic and inclusive work environment that promotes innovation and teamwork.
- Contribution to meaningful, sustainable energy projects that have a positive impact on the environment and society.
If you are a motivated and forward-thinking consultant who is passionate about shaping the energy transition, we invite you to join our team at GHD. Apply now to be part of our exciting journey toward a greener and more sustainable future.
GHD Future Energy: Innovating for a Greener and Cleaner PlanetAbout UsLet's put your ideas into action.
If you see the world differently and are driven by a desire to make real change, together we'll make it happen. Everybody at GHD has their own commitment, and we're here to back yours.
Your success is our success, and together we'll make a lasting impact on our world for generations to come.Our Pledge to You
At GHD, we don't just believe in the power of commitment, we live and breathe it every day.
That's why we pledge to empower our people to make a positive impact. Combining our deep technical expertise with the capabilities of our clients and partners, we respond to some of the most complex challenges facing our planet today.
See where your commitment could take you.
That's the #PowerOfCommitmentWho we are
GHD is a global professional services company that leads through engineering, architecture, and construction expertise. We are an employee-owned company with over 11,000 diverse and skilled individuals, across more than 200 offices spanning five continents.
The Power of Commitment is our brand promise. It's what makes us different. We are bound to our stated vision and determination to address humanity's most urgent needs: to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.