Passionate people create exceptional things
Did you know that the solutions we develop are a key part of most industries? Electronics, medical research, renewable energy, food production, infrastructure and many more.
We're everywhere! Working with us means working with the latest technologies and groundbreaking, sustainable innovations. With our inclusive and caring environment, you get the support and inspiration you need to grow.
Here, your ideas are embraced, and you never stop learning. Interested in being part of our team?Join us on our journey for a better tomorrow.Mission
To support the implementation and the maintenance of the Health, Safety & Environmental management system. To ensure the continued implementation of ISO45001 and ISO14001 across the Atlas Copco Compressors business. This will involve working away from home to visit Atlas Copco locations in the UK & Ireland.The role:
To succeed you will need:
- Provide Legal advice on UK & Ireland Health, Safety & Environmental Legislation
- Review and monitor existing and new Health, Safety & Environmental Legislation.
- Ensure the requirements of the standards for ISO45001 & ISO14001 are maintained.
- Support the Health, Safety & Environmental management system.
- Assist in the development of company Health, Safety & Environmental procedures, work instructions etc.
- To travel and stay away from home to perform site inspections and audits.
- Support audits by external 3rd parties.
- Help to Plan, conduct, and record internal Health, Safety & Environmental audits, develop corrective actions and improvement plans.
- Develop and update risk assessments.
- Assist with accident investigations, maintain accident statistics.
- Collate data for the environmental reporting requirements of the organisation.
- Provide information to the senior management teams at monthly meetings.
- To perform other Health, Safety & Environment related duties as required
- Health, Safety and Environmental Training
- Experience of ISO45001 & ISO14001
- Previous experience of monitoring UK legal compliance and providing legal advice.
- Development of management systems
- Experience of planning and performing audits.
- Experience of developing and communicating risk assessments and safe systems of work.
- Managed accident investigations
- A good understanding of Microsoft systems e.g., word, excel, outlook, power point etc.
- Ability to identify alternatives to current thinking; ability to develop and implement innovative solutions to problems
- Able to promote, develop and maintain a positive health & safety culture, and environmental standards required to continually improve and meet the stakeholder's expectations.
- Full driving license
Levels 3, 5 or 6 in Occupational Health & Safety, or equivalent experienceIn return, we offer you:
Diverse by nature and inclusive by choice
- A supportive working environment, within a collaborative team.
- Dynamic & innovative with a strong sense of purpose.
- Training from day one, with at least 40 hours of training offered per year.
- An excellent benefits package - including a desirable pension scheme.
Bright ideas come from all of us. The more unique perspectives we embrace, the more innovative we are. Together we build a culture where difference is valued and we share a deep sense of purpose and belonging.